Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. Bsrushin

Bsrushin New Member

May 31, 2012
    I enjoy this game because of the difficulty. Please do not decrease the difficulty. That being said, fungus is hard. HahahR

2. Levi McD

Levi McD New Member

May 31, 2012
    Nano-virus help?

I've been trying to beat Plague Inc. as a nano-virus but no matter how many times I try, I always fail! It's the only one I've had trouble on. Can you suggest a strategy or anything to help me?

3. Trentos

Trentos Active Member

May 19, 2012
    Draftsperson
    Melbourne, Australia
    Future update suggestions...
    2x, 4x & 6x game speed buttons that slide out from existing game speed control in leu of only one speed option.
    Sound on with music off option.
    Randomise pitri dish with each new game.

4. Trentos

Trentos Active Member

May 19, 2012
    Draftsperson
    Melbourne, Australia
    Has anyone noticed the Pandemic 2.5 reference in the world news yet? :)

5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    You mean that ground zero of the zombie apocalypse is Miami? Or the new disease growing in numbers mostly among the impoverished in Spain?

6. elyahia

elyahia New Member

May 31, 2012
    Impressed so far - some issues

Loving this game. Some things still stick out

Fungus is super slow, and difficult to win even with spore transmission. Never spreads AND it takes hours.

Needs multiple speeds (I.e. 2x is WAY too slow for a fungus game)

Casual/normal are both very difficult and require lots of trial and error (bumping down casual might boost sales, but retain challenge for those who want it).

DNA buy-back points should be proportional to original cost (not just 1-2 per).

This is the big one - needs a clear explanation of where/when you get DNA points and the methods to get there!

7. nycmode75

nycmode75 Member

May 31, 2012
    Fungus Tips

Okay - I tried this strategy and it worked like a charm. Granted, you will not likely get a great score due to the length of this strategy but at least you will be able to move ahead to the parasite strain.

I started in a cold climate area because often I found that when I start in a hot zone, even though the disease spreads quicker - it often has a hard time taking hold in places like Iceland, Greenland, Canada or Russia.

1. Begin in Iceland (given that it has an airport and also a harbor for ease of transmission).

2. I first started with focusing my energy on upgrading the airborne and water transmission stats to the max as soon as I could.

3. I followed by upping my drug resistance by one notch

4. I also followed by upping my disease's heat resistance by 2 notches, and my cold resistance by 1 notch. (note you can do the above steps in any particular order - the key being point 5)

5. ...which is - do NOT let your fungus evolve until every single person in the world is affected by the disease. This could take a long time (10 to 15 min?). If you want to get things moving a bit by unleashing a spore here or there, that's fine (just don't overdo it at the beginning).

6. Whatever you do, make sure the world does NOT notice the disease up to the point when everyone is infected (but not dying yet). All the while, keep saving enough points so you can eventually upgrade the symptoms to the worst possible situation immediately (organ failure is the best IMO).

7. Once everyone is infected and the disease is still unknown, unleash the disease. Quickly upgrade your disease symptoms to something incredibly lethal (again, my suggestion is organ failure). Immediately you'll see people dying in droves. At the same time, the cure might move quickly, but as you accumulate points through people dying, you can start using points to counteract the cure by upgrading drug resistance, etc.

8. Soon enough, you will see that the body count will pile up asap. More than likely the country that is spearheading the cure will lose its population so fast that the speed of the cure will greatly diminish and eventually you will win the game.

Note: I did not use anything close to all the spores available. The strategy above, while tedious, did allow me to infect so many people that once the fungus got lethal in a hurry, there was no way for the cure to catch up with the sky high death rate.

Not only did this strategy work with the Fungus, but it also worked with the Parasite as well. Granted this method will NOT get you a very high score due to the lengthy nature of the infection process, but it will get you a win if you play your cards right based on the idea I mentioned above

8. Zyzoxing

Zyzoxing Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    You don't need cold or heat abilities if you have no symptoms you will never be discovered. The only time you need cold/heat is if you're possible to discovered and need to spread to one of those climiates faster.

9. nycmode75

nycmode75 Member

May 31, 2012
    That is true, though I found when I didn't use the abilities, the spread of the infection was even more painfully slow than what I already experienced. I also used it to make sure it got to all the climates that sometimes get "missed" for some reason. I've had games where the disease was not cured even though people all seemed to die out, only to realize specific areas/certain climates were not affected (usually very cold places like greenland, or very hot places like africa)

10. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    You can use the World Menu to determine who's infected or not. I use it all the time when I'm trying to find out how to spread into new countries. Anyways You are right it does take extra long to spread without it.

I've noticed sometimes you get Bursts of DNA sonetimes I get 60-70 in 1 second. I seem to have an affinity for playing Virus Plague's new high score 31750 4/5 Plagues!

11. nycmode75

nycmode75 Member

May 31, 2012
    Yes though the world menu provides helpful info on countries, i also have issues where the entire world would be infected, sans a few countries, unless i have an insanely aggressive disease to spread around ... weird

12. nycmode75

nycmode75 Member

May 31, 2012
    Also anybody else get this weird glitch where all these strange code items appear on the screen? Once in awhile, my screen goes nuts and I get these computer code messages on there that I can't get rid of unless I reboot the game

13. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Yeah its a bug normally happens when you press on a spot when you're pressing the diesease button. There is a sweetspot you can hit in that corner to turn it back off. I've had it so much that it doesnt really hinder me to turn it back off.

14. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Also for anyone interested I created a Palringo group for chatting. Room Name plagueinc

Feel free to join and we can all talk strategy for the game. I only play on Brutal difficulty so everything should carry over to Normal and Casual.

15. nycmode75

nycmode75 Member

May 31, 2012
    Ah yes, it's usually when it hit the bottom corner. It's annoying as hell!

16. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Can someone tell me the quickest route to multi organ failure?!

17. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    I never use Multi Organ Failure. Aneamia,Heamorhaging,Internal Heamo and Hemor Shock will get the job done faster than any cure. Though that is if you do a full infection before going lethal.

18. nycmode75

nycmode75 Member

May 31, 2012
    Any thoughts on the nano-virus? What's the best way to kill with that strain?

19. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    With fungal, use spore infect another country then devolve it for a refund

20. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Only works 1 time as devolving doesn't reduce the cost of your next upgrade. Since DNA can be scarce I try not to use that as a tactic.