Accidentally deleted a game file; any way to get it back?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Stan, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Since in "eden" you can delete the game so easy, I was just throwing my ipod around, and deleted it. $&(*%&#$(%&$(*%& I took forever on it too :(
    Is there any way to get it back?
    Like manipulating files, backups, etc.?

2. JGSaxon

JGSaxon Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Just download it again, and there should be a prompt telling you it's free because you downloaded it before.

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I think he means a game file within a game, not redownloading the app.

To the OP: I doubt there is any way to get it back unless you restore from a previous backup you h ad saved on iTunes. If you havn't done this in a while, simply put, you're f*cked.

4. MrJo

MrJo Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2010
    I'm pretty sure this works.

5. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    guess that would be impossible to recover the savedata...
    when i was in college, my roommate accidentally deleted my SuperRobotWar savedata, and i went mad...awful experience.

6. Xapped

Xapped Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Is it possible? Yes. When you 'delete' something, it is not actually deleted, only that the operating systems writes that this file is not here. This is because flash memory can be only rewritten a number of times before breaking, and next time something needs to be stored, it will overwrite something that is 'deleted'.

You can recover the data back, but I don't think it will be worth the trouble.

7. kiancheong

kiancheong Well-Known Member

If you sync your device frequently, you may be able to get the saved game back by performing a Restore in iTunes.