Local and online multiplayer games for 2

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Evilkarma, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Evilkarma

Evilkarma Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    This has probably been asked to death around here but what games are there that are fun for 2 players to play on local and/or online multiplayer? If Dungeon Hunter 2 went back down to a buck I'd pick it up since I heard that game was fun. But anyway, any genre really except the super casual/turn based games like words with friends and whatnot. No racing/FPS either.

2. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Disc Drivin' is really good.

Also, if you're into strategy games, something like Starbase Orion might be good.

3. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #3 Primoz, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    I was in love with Online sniper league for a time (still am). I wouldn't consider it for a first person shooter. There's LOTS of strategy included. I played it with my friend and we had good laughs but also lots of fights about it :D

It's a player vs player game and you play as a sniper and have to shoot the opponent. You basically send troops of agents to each other until the other cant shoot the agents anymore. Then, when all your agents attack his "boss" he gets revealed and you can shoot him. The same goes for you though. So there's lots of strategy and you need good timing (but also some skill).

4. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    Nothing with aiming like shooting lol, although the sniper game looks cool, might try it myself.

Downloaded disc drivin, will try that as well.

Are there any RPG/MMOs for more than 1 player that ISN'T from Gameloft?

5. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    don't know but gravity guy is a good game for 2 3 or even 4 players
    Try the lite version

6. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    OSL is free, so you've got nothing to lose.

So you're looking for MMORPGs? You can try:
    - Pocket legends, Star legends, Dark legends and Arcane legends (all done by the same company)
    - World of Midgard a.k.a Faction wars
    - Armed heroes online
    - Celtic heroes

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Pocket Heroes

Ascension: Chronicles of the Godslayer is a great online card game for 2-4, Greed Corp is great as well.

8. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    I've tried most of the suggestions mentioned here. But quite a few I know she wouldn't play or be too interested in.

So far it's been Dungeon Hunter 3, Order & Chaos (though we haven't played this in a while, just seems like there's too much going on and camera panning to do on a phone, which is why I want something that has a fixed view or at least something simple enough to feel comfortable controlling on a small screen), and we will try Arcane Legends.

Any other recommendations? Good multiplayer word games we like as well. Been playing Bookworm Heroes and Letterpress lately. I personally play Writer Rumble as well.

So basically, word games, action (no shooting/aiming), and mmo/rpgs, unless you've got a great recommendation out of these genres.

9. AppealPlay

AppealPlay Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2012
    USA
    Touch Hockey 2 by FlipSide5 is in my opinion the best two player game in the App Store. I play with my buddies on bluetooth almost every day. It's great when you only have two or three minutes and want to get in a quick game.

It's also iPhone 5 optimized, which is great!

10. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    I play that myself, but for this purpose, if we have a few minutes, we just stick to word games on one screen like Spell Tower. If it had online that'd be interesting though.

I'm really tempted to give Dungeon Hunter 2 a shot, but the reviews are saying there's no sound and whatnot on iphone 5/ios 6, can anyone confirm this? 99 cents I wouldn't mind but 6.99 is pretty pricey to take the risk.

11. AppealPlay

AppealPlay Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2012
    USA
    Ah, okay. Do you play Carcassonne? It's a great port of the (German, maybe?) board game.

12. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    I haven't had the patience to learn new board games, I've wanted to actually. Same goes for Neuroshima Hex and Catan. I played Ascension and Shadow Era to death though.

13. mklaurence

mklaurence Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    Chicago, IL
    If you like sandbox games and have an iPad 2+, I humbly suggest you try out my indie team's new MMO Deepworld (free to play). It's fun for any number of people!

iPhone version coming soon, too :)

14. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    Looks interesting, like a multiplayer Junkjack. But one of us doesn't own an ipad unfortunately. When it comes out on iphone I'll be sure to check it out.