Universal Terraria - (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 29, 2013.

1. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I deleted my main world by accident about a year ago and haven't had the heart to start again. This update has motivated me to jump back in.

2. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    The icon now says 'Terraria - QA' so I'm not sure they pushed the right version. Or maybe they just forgot to change the icon.

3. ElderPao

ElderPao New Member

Sep 13, 2013
    I think it's more than the icon. I'm losing items after closing out of worlds.

4. Chief Logan

Chief Logan Well-Known Member

That shouldn't happen :confused:

5. Verxion

Verxion Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Fishing...

I've got a flesh fishing pole and worms. Can't seem to fish. How do I do it? Baby explanation please. :)

-Verxion

6. jmasin

jmasin Active Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Architect
    BIG UPDATE ALERT! check your App Store.

7. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I'm thinking about getting the game. Is the same as the PC version? How deep is it?

8. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    The mobile version is just a bit behind the pc version, but it is just as deep. I'm setting up a chlorophyte farm in my main world right now.

9. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback. How deep is the game? Are there plenty of things to do and discover?

10. KBPrinceO

Jan 13, 2012
    Absolutely. http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Terraria_Wiki:projects/Guides
    Deep game, plenty of character customization, and if you can manage to not find building structures on a tiny device to be torturous, then it is a blast. Me? I have trouble with the small screen, but I've bought the game for PC, Android, and iOS and I have never once regretted it.

11. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I have an ipad air. I would only use the iphone if there was cross-save, to do little things to pass the time. I think the Ipad screen is fine for playing, no?

12. KBPrinceO

Jan 13, 2012
    The game uses virtual thumb sticks for general movement and aiming attacks, and then uses touch controls with a zoom-in feature for more fine control like when you are placing blocks.
    So, if you have no problems holding your device and using virtual sticks, I'd say you're golden. I have no problems on an Amazon Fire device with controls.

Don't quote me, but I think that there are cloud saving features [I do not have them enabled] which would allow you to use your characters and worlds across devices.

13. KBPrinceO

Jan 13, 2012
    I say go for it. It's only a few bucks, and you'll get many many hours of entertainment from it. The game has been receiving consistent updates and there was an announcement recently along the lines of them streamlining the update process for the mobile/console versions.
    You won't regret it.

14. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Purchased. Thank you very much for the info.

15. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    I really wish they would fix the MFi support for manual placement when building, so frustrating!

Other than that, one of the best games of all time still.

16. Googgi78

Googgi78 Active Member

Dec 30, 2014
    So I picked this game up again the other day after a long time away. The renewed interest was due to my daughter being interested in Minecraft and ROBLOX. Already bought this awhile back and figured it would fit the bill. Even though this game is showing it's age, it is still just as enjoyable as when I first purchased it. The only downside I see is that there haven't been any updates to the mobile version in quite some time. Has the developer abandoned the mobile version due to their new projects on PS4, XBox, and more recently Switch?

17. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #1257 Dailon80, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    I am wondering that as well it used to update monthly or around holidays now just quiet.
    Me and my kids love these games as well but I would use caution with ROblox even the mobile version since
    there are some sickos on there preying on kids. Read up on Roblox and how they do nothing to stop it.
    Terraria on mobile as it is now still has tons of content!
    I remember this was the first builder style game I played and always hearing the name Minecraft and thinking it looked stupid and I was wrong I play it all the time now and app version is super good now.

18. Googgi78

Googgi78 Active Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Yeah the sickos is why I didn't want her playing ROBLOX. Figured Terraria scratched the same sandbox creation itch without her being exposed to anyone online. I'll end up getting on switch too when it comes out.

19. Jost

Jost Active Member

Mar 27, 2017
    Germany
    Cool game. Some of my friends are playing it. But i haven't tried it yet!

20. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Does anyone know if there are any plans to ever update mobile Terraria?