Is there a way to hide the badge number on Appstore icon?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by don_k, Jun 2, 2010.

1. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I have a few apps which I don't want to update since they add nothing new yet take away some features, or changes the layout for worse, ruin the icon or put ads in them.

Is there a way to hide the badge number on the Appstore icon? I want to have the icon on my home screen and for months I've lived with it, but just wondering if there's any way other than hiding the icon altogether on the hidden page?

2. Put it on the last page and never look at it unless needed lol

I know, I have 2 apps wanting to be updated but they will just add ads sadly. I've had to live with a '2' on my ipod for a few days now.

3. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I love it on my home screen though. Ah well, guess I have to live with it..
    Damn the devs! :eek:

4. highlyrefinedpirate

highlyrefinedpirate Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    If you use your mail app a lot I'd recommend putting the app store icon right next to the mail app, that wait there's at least numbers next to each other.
    idk if that helps, but it works for me :)

5. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

We live in a world where single parents devote every last cent of their paycheck to feeding their children, even if they have to go without food themselves, yet we find time to complain publicly about suuuuuuch a burden as a little icon. Ignore it. Yes, it's annoying, but I learn to deal with it, too. I don't let silly thing like that bother me. ;P Didn't mean to rant at you at all, but it just kind of struck me...

6. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Sumwhere
    I'm not sure if this works but it's worth a try
    ~Install AppFlow from Cydia
    ~Find "Appstore"
    ~Click that and select Badge it

7. highlyrefinedpirate

highlyrefinedpirate Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    It's an iPhone gaming forum...
    I'm pretty sure someone doesn't say that to you every time you complain about something.

8. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

I had a moment, so I do sincerely apologize. I guess I'm just tired of it because I see this complaint so much when it can easily be remedies so simply.

9. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    I have 31 updates to install, some from January :eek: I'm just too lazy :p

10. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Does it sound like complaint to you? I was just asking, re-read the post. Yes I'm annoyed at the fact devs sometimes ruined great apps with updates, but that wasn't the main point and I never emphasised that here.

And do you really hear this problem so much? Because I can't see any threads about this like threads about price drops and all that.

I know there's a simple solution and I mentioned it in my first post, but I wanted to know if there was another way that I didn't know since not everyone knows as much as you, Mr. Smart.

But well I guess we can all have a moment.

11. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    lol, the more you gather, the longer it's gonna take to finish

and i think it should be "Mrs." or "Ms.". just saying

12. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    cant you just turn it off in the notifications menu thing?

13. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    Hmm I don't think so because I just about disabled just about everything that would cause the battery to drain even a little bit to try to milk every ounce out of each charge lol.

14. BTM4444

BTM4444 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Freshman In College. Studying Public Administratio
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Amen bro