Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Cave cancels planned Vita titles.

http://andriasang.com/con114/cave_vita_titles/

Not a huge deal I guess because they probably wouldn't be released outside North America anyway. :(

Read about the new PSP titles and upcoming PSP additions on PSN. No Patapon 3 which sucks as that's what I've been waiting for. Noticed the two Untold Legends games though so some more hack and slash fun, the second wasn't too bad and even though the first was pretty crappy I put lots of hours into it.

2. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    No- NOVA 3 looks waaaay better than that. I mean, look at the draw distance. NOVA 3 has fog on the iPhone/iPod versions, but Uncharted doesn't. Why? It's obviously because the Vita isn't powerful enough to create view obscuring fog. Also, Uncharteds terrain looks too rounded and realistic. NOVA 3 on the other hand has lower polygon terrain, which shows how much better the game looks. I mean, who likes smooth edges anyways? Low polygon counts are the future!

^sarcasm^

The debating should stop.

3. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Damnit CAVE... SONY did everything RIGHT this time around and devs are still gonna be bitches? Seriously, I can't think of any point in video game history where the hardware company has gone to the devs and asked them flat out what they want in a console...

4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Don't really care I know Cave has a big following among some but I've never really enjoyed their latest offerings to be honest deathsmiles and the DLC direction they have taken has turned me off the company all together.

Come to think of it I actually can't recall them ever being on the developer list.

5. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    According to this, Criterion is working on something that will have "interoperation" between the Vita and the PS3...a new Burnout game, possibly?

6. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Just wondering in general and a question for everybody is what the disappointing game you have bought on the Vita so far, I hate to say this but mines Wipeout 2048 and that's really the game I bought the system for.

I just don't like the new tracks or the feel of the craft as much as the old games. The music soundtrack on the game is also much smaller and more limited than any of the PSP or PSX games. Don't get me wrong the game looks amazing and has a great framerate In my opinion it's just missing the essence of wipeout.

I keep reading there will be more of the older tracks and extras available on DLC (probably at a price) but I really expected to see them already at this stage, it's disapointing.

7. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Well, I'd have to say that my disappointment is more with the lack of games. I've bought just the two, Fifa and Unit 13. Both good games but I've kinda lost interest with the lure of IOS cheap gaming coming back into play.... this further compounded by seeing Harry Potter 5-7 for £3 on IOS or £35 on Vita. That is just beyond wrong.

I bought Michael Jackson for Vita when it was reduced to £11 a month or so back, but there's no global highscores?? Local highscores are restricted to just your psn id so you literally are competing with yourself. It's inexplicable that global highscores weren't included.

I'm hopeful for the future of Vita, though with poor sales and high prices, I feel like Sony are already dragging their feet.

8. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

My most disappointing game would be littl deviants. I should have known... It's the only game I've traded in.

9. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Disappointing game would have to be Unit 13, sold it fairly quickly and recently got MGS Peace Walker for a third of the cost and its soooo much better

10. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I have Unit 13 and Fifa myself I like them both but Unit 13 is pretty unforgiving and I can see easily how it could frustrate people having to play the same missions over and over.

11. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I own Lumines, Wipeout, Disgaea 3, and Rayman Origins. Then some PSN games; Plants vs Zombies, Mutant Blobs Attack, Super Stardust Delta.

I think I may be missing some PSN titles but anyway my biggest disappointment even though I love everything I bought would likely be Lumines or Wipeout. Lumines is great and has a nice soundtrack especially compared to the garbage that was Limines II but there are modes from the previous games that are missing...it just wish it had more modes, I also hate the avatar powers and don't care for that new block that randomized the existing blocks.

Wipeout is great too but I don't like this weird seasons or campaign mode, they should have left it like it use to be.

Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't trade or sell them I just don't play them as much as I expected to when I bought them. And they were both the two games I bought because I loved them in the past. I think they were my launch PSP titles too.

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Hey - I remember that! It was a gameloft game last year! Oh, wait, GL clone of it.

Actually, shadow guardian, apart from being a just plain boring game, had graphics that *came fairly close* (in character models and, to an extent, envoronments, but nowhere near the same level of lighting) to this, at least on my old retina touch. But I never finished it, it was the worst 1 gb of space ever wasted (besides silent ops)

But I have a question: how long did the story mode last for uncharted on the vita? In fact, what's the average play time you get for the $$? How long is single player supposed to last for resistance?

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Nvm just watched more of the vid...far better environments and character models. I can't get over the lighting, either, though, to be fair, it is a $40 game vs a $7 one.

14. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Uncharted GA actually a pretty big game there is an amazing amount of variety in gameplay and the graphics are jawdropping in places, lots of trophys to earn as well.

I dare say you could probably play through it in a day if you put in the time and didn't bother with trophys or exploring, but then you can say that about nearly any single player game on a mobile device.

Personally I've yet to complete it but I bought way to many Vita games and I'm playing them each in short bursts.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    How linear is it?

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Just curious, many hours of gaming are you guys getting out of a full charge?

17. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Games requires less graphics is around 3~4 hours. Just like dungeon hunter and Lego Harry potter. But games like uncharted and wipeout is like less than 3 hours. It also depends on if you have wifi on or off too

18. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    That seems pretty low to me I think I'm easily getting 4 to 5 but I have disabled bluetooth and lowered the brightness a little. I'm almost certain more than that when I use headphones.

Should probably mention using wifi version so no 3G here.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    GL ported dungeon hunter to the vita?

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    On my old 4g touch I got about 2.5 hrs on a full charge of something really graphics intensive, like mc3, shadowgun, real racing or say gta. With casual games like zombiville or UNO I would typically get 4-5 hrs, but I never really played them straight through a charge.

Battery life really took a turn for the worse after iOS 5, though, and 5.0.1 and 5.1 didn't help much. I'm hoping nothing like that happens with my iPad, I'm getting around 8-9 hrs for stuff like nova or gta.