The 2014 FIFA World Cup

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Following his excellent performance against Belgium someone briefly changed the Wikipedia entry of the US Secretary of Defense to USA goalkeeper Tim Howard! :D

Brilliant stuff, it definitely put a smile on my face. :)

Attached Files:

2. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    If my first child is a son, I'm going to ask my wife if we can name him Tim Howard. Coincidentally, my father's name is Howard, so it could work.

3. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Much as I did feel a bit sorry for David Moyes last season, after Louis van Gaal's decision making tonight with his goalkeeper(s) against Costa Rica tonight I think Manchester United have chosen wisely.
    The Netherlands v Costa Rica was another great nil-nil draw.

4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Brazil V Germany later today

I'm really expecting the winner of this to win the whole thing, personally I'd still bet on the Germans (although suspiciously they all have gotten the flu somehow) but Brazil are still Brazil and their at home.

Should really be the match of the Tournament.

5. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I feel bad for the kid Neymar; hope Brazil can do it for him.

6. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    4-0 to Germany after 20 odd minutes. Yeah...

7. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    "Now I know why they call it a Brazilian, seeing all these exposed fannies."

— Chris Scullion

8. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    5-0 at half time I did really have the feeling it would be a German win but even I thought it would be a much closer game.

I think it's safe to say Brazils out at this point even if they play at their best second half the German defense is too good for that kind of comeback and I can actually see the Germans adding a few more.

9. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Fanny-tastic.

I've never seen anything like this in my life. What a mental game. I think it could be nein.

10. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Brazil have been as bad as Germany have been good. Keep in mind that Germany drew 0-0 with Algeria last week... What an incredible tournament this has been.

11. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
  12. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    7-1 I'm expecting to read about riots in Brazil tomorrow, I still think Germany will win the whole thing but they'll have a much harder job against either the Netherlands or Argentina than they had today.

13. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I had to switch my phone off in case Scolari called me up to come on for the last ten minutes.

14. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Was the Brazilian goalkeeper dead or asleep or even there?
    I am totally surprised by the score. That shouldn't have happened at this stage of the cup.

15. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    "Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city, but most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans.

You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it. We will always be Liverpool supporters.

Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You'll Never Walk Alone."

Sniff. Ok, I like him again. Bye bye, Luis. And fangs for the memories. (Sorry).

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Shame as he had an incredible season last year. But due to 3 biting incidents, the racist incident as well, i'm sorry but i'm glad to see him go. Makes me laugh as i hear Liverpool fans sticking up for him, if it was the other way round and Suarez was a Man Utd player the fans would hate him !

Biting once is one thing but three times ? Just a joke

At least Liverpool got a huge amount for him. Be interesting to see who they get to replace Suarez.

17. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Was hoping for Alexis Sanchez but he's off to Arsenal. Liverpool need to replace him with quality otherwise we could struggle next season. I'm happy with the signing of Lallana, still need a top defender and striker.

18. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    The World Cup Final has been brought to you by Mutant Enemy Productions.

Attached Files:

19. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Wow - I thought that had nil nil written all over it. Great tournament and worthy winners I thought. Scotland for the next one though. Easy.