iPhone Master of Alchemy by Chillingo "New Gameplay Video Added".

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by goiMot, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    #1 goiMot, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
    Master of Alchemy is an original & engaging puzzle game based on the manipulation of solid, liquid and gaseous elements. A unique, physics-based engine allows substances to move in realistic behavior. By utilizing a variety of instruments ranging from pipes and coils to blenders and hot air balloons, players create new elements and substances to beat obstacles and advance to new levels.

2. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Wow, looks like a great puzzler similar to Enigmo! Too bad I don't have an iPad. :(

3. Niala

Niala Member

Jun 14, 2010
    I love puzzle games....and I think this will be one of the first apps on my new iPad :)
    Any idea on the release date?

4. DarkWave_Games

DarkWave_Games Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Our aim is the development of Multidevice, Multipl
    Milan - Italy
    From DarkWave Games - The Creators of Master of Alchemy

Hi Touch Arcade community!

We are from DarkWave Games, the creators of Master of Alchemy (MoA).

In these days we have been particularly excited because Chillingo wanted to introduce our first game at E3 Expo 2010. We are really proud of that because MoA is our first game!!

We are a very new company and we really want to involve players in our projects. So, please, post some comments and ask us whatever you want. We are developing other two games...

If you want, you can find some information on our website (shameless spam :) ) (www.darkwavegames.com), blog (www.darkwavegames.com/blog) or Fb pages (www.facebook.com/darkwavegames; www.facebook.com/masterofalchemy)

What is Master of Alchemy?
    Master of Alchemy is an original & engaging puzzle game based on the manipulation of solid, liquid and gaseous elements. A unique, physics-based engine allows substances to move in realistic behavior. By utilizing a variety of instruments ranging from pipes and coils to blenders and hot air balloons, players create new elements and substances to beat obstacles and advance to new levels.

Featuring a riveting story between rivals, the Alchemists versus Mechanologists, both seek to gain the popularity of their disciplines. It’s up to you, the Alchemist to evolve your character and determine the fate of this powerful science

Even if MoA could remind a little Enigmo, we can assure you that its gameplay is really different, for example:
    • we have implemented a realistic physics engine;
    • the game IS absolutely NOT based on the rebounding of droplets - player has to manipulate colorful flows of gas, solids and liquids thanks to transformation tools;
    • levels are full of physics obstacles;
    • disappearing walls create big gameplay variations - player has to move tools inside the level more than once to solve it.

We have just posted on our youtube channel the definitive Master of Alchemy Teaser.
    We'll post very soon a Gameplay Video.

5. DarkWave_Games

Jun 14, 2010
    Milan - Italy
    Master of Alchemy - Screenshots

Here some Master of Alchemy's Screenshots (You can find more screenshots in our blog).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Looks G:eek:rge:eek:us

iPad only?

Hi DarkWave_Games, Welcome aboard :)

7. Chod

Chod Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Looks great, when is it due out?

8. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Yes... iPad only...
    Where did the othr Posts snuck in from? >.<

9. DarkWave_Games

Jun 14, 2010
    Milan - Italy
    #9 DarkWave_Games, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010

We have sent the final build to the Chillingo QA.
    If everything is ok, Chillingo will send it to the App Store Monday.

Master of Alchemy is specifically designed to maximize the capabilities of the iPad. Anyway, an iPhone version will be coming soon - we are working on it.

10. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Woot!

11. DarkWave_Games

Jun 14, 2010
    Milan - Italy
    A short introduction to the MoA's Background

If someone is interested, we have posted on our blog a short introduction to the Master of Alchemy's background.

In our mind, MoA would be the first of a series of games that narrate about the war between Alchemists and Mechanologists.

We have also created a short comics...it is almost ready :)!

12. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    Well, I am very glad you announced the coming of an iPhone/(iPod touch?) version of this cool looking game.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    The game looks intriguing.

How many levels are there? And I know that number of levels are not everything - how long does it take to solve an average puzzle? Is the game timed? Or is it more of an untimed / zen experience?
    Is there only one way to achieve a goal, or are there multiple ways to solve the same puzzle (I guess I am trying to politely inquire about re-playability). I looked at the web site but did not see a lot of discussion about the above items.

Best of luck, and I'll look forward to seeing it when it comes out - if you do have a minute I would love answers to those questions though... :)

14. DarkWave_Games

Jun 14, 2010
    Milan - Italy
    Hi Pluto6,
    Thanks for your answers!

By now, there are 60 levels (+ one interactive tutorial) and the game is timed.
    The time needed to solve a level increases with levels difficulty - on average, from almost 30sec. for each of the first 3 levels, to 5-10-15min. (it depends on your playing style and your smartness :) )

The most of the levels have multiple ways to solve them (I had a lot of fun in solving each level in a way that our level designer didn't image - I think he hates me!!!).

Master of Alchemy allows different playing style: as you can see from the following screenshot, the final score in each level is composed by partial scores. Moreover, you can earn a Golden/Silver/Bronze Medal per each sub-score achieving a certain number of points.
    So, you can play:
    • Just to solve the Levels
    • Against Time
    • Trying to achieve the maximum scores
    • Trying to minimizing particles lost
    • Trying to keep the maximum purity of the target substances
    • Trying to earn all the Crystal Achievements
    • Trying to do everything I listed!!!
    To facilitate the achievement of the different type of goal, you can pause the games and then navigate the level, looking for the best solution.

[​IMG]

15. DarkeMage

DarkeMage Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    High School
    Sydney, Australia!!!
    This game looks sexy as! The graphics look superb, and I am in love with making things, and I have had an interest in Alchemy! Sadly, I don't have an iPad, but I'm over the moon with joy that it's being made for the iPhone as well. I can;t wait to try it out on the iPhone 4 one day...

16. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    Your game looks really good, and it sounds like a lot of fun ! I can't wait to try it out on my iPad !

Is it still on track to come out on Monday ? What will the price be ?

I'm looking forward to this game. Looks like you all did a great job. :)

17. DarkWave_Games

Jun 14, 2010
    Milan - Italy
    It seems that Chillingo haven't found any bug yet :) .
    So, if everything continues to be ok, Monday Master of Alchemy will be submitted to App Store for approval...but, we don't know when it will be available on the App Store - it depends on Apple.

ps. Sorry, but we don't know either the price...it has to be agreed with Chillingo.

18. Gernorda

Gernorda New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Hi everyone, I'm the Master of Alchemy's level designer. Only one thing: it's true, I hate him! :)

19. Jim G

Jim G Member

May 28, 2010
    Looks great! I love these Steampunk puzzlers, but most of them seem to be missing a holistic approach (I.e. A story, variety of design elements and puzzle types).

This looks really really promising! Can't wait for the release!

20. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    wait, in the beginning, you said there was more than 1 element?