A few questions regarding twin stick shooters

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by STYJ, Feb 12, 2011.

1. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    1) Currently, what is your favourite twin stick shooter ?

2) What are your impressions of M. Bug Panic ? Should i get this ?

3) Comparing M. Bug Panic vs Max Adventure vs Age of Zombies , which will you get ?

Oh and if there are any other games you want to recommend me to get , do say so .

I have quite a lot of 4* and above rated games but I may have missed out a few .

2. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    1. Captain Bombom
    2. It is an excellent shooter, but just not the best.
    3. Max Adventure

Get Captain Bombom

3. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    #3 csklimowski, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    deleted

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #4 backtothis, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
    1) Currently, what is your favourite twin stick shooter ?
    Honestly, there's too many good ones since DSS tend to be pretty well made.
    2) What are your impressions of M. Bug Panic ? Should i get this ?
    It's truly excellent and is a joy to play. Not to mention, it's a steal. The game takes a whole new take on the usual DSS by blending in RPG and TD elements.
    3) Comparing M. Bug Panic vs Max Adventure vs Age of Zombies , which will you get ?
    Wow...that's another tough question. I'd say get Mushihimesama first. It's another fresh take on the DSS genre and created by the legendary CAVE. The production value is top notch, this, also, is a joy to play. Max Adventure is pretty fun as well, but doesn't quite hit the spot for me. Age of Zombies, in my opinion, has the most fun survival mode. There's so many maps, a good variety of weapons, and it gets very, very hectic very fast.

Oh and if there are any other games you want to recommend me to get , do say so .

I have quite a lot of 4* and above rated games but I may have missed out a few.
    Minigore, Guerilla Bob, iDracula, Isotope, Alive 4 Ever: Returns, Geometry Wars, Solomon's Keep, Solomon's Boneyard, Aftermath, Braveheart, Revolt, Meteor Blitz, Robokill, Etolis. You might as well pick up all three of the DSS you asked about in question 3 along with Bug Heroes. I'm sure there's more, but these are some of the ones I have that I felt were excellent and remember off the top of my head. Like I said, the iOS offers a myriad of excellent games that fall into this genre/control-scheme.
    -----

I failed at quoting so..it turned out like that^. LOL.

5. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    @Epox , Captain bombom looks like a really nice game . Could you tell me your impressions about it ? Is there like a storyline ? Survival ? Multiplayer ? etc.

@backtothis, thing is I want something new and unique like kosmo spin or spirit .
    I've already got a few of the DSS you mentioned e.g. Minigore, Meteor Blitz, Isotope 224 / 244, Solomon's keep, Solomon's boneyard , Bug Heroes , Alive for ever (I didn't get the sequel because the first one didn't keep me playing for long)

But they're all roughly the same kind of survival DSS . I would also consider Space Miner to be a DSS with more physics included . Space Miner is a very fun and casual DSS IMO .

I'm hesitating on whether I should spend 5 bucks on M. Bug Panic or should I get another kind of unique games .

Games that I consider unique and new are Papa Sangre, Tilt to live, Kosmo Spin, Spirit, Helsing's Fire, Cut the Rope etc. I don't know if there's a common genre to these kind of games .

anyway, here's a list of games I have . I had a lot but i did a clean up of my ipod and deleted everything that I didn't want .

Battleheart
    Dungeon Defenders First Wave
    Edge
    Galaxy on Fire 2
    Infinity Blade
    Slice it!
    Angry Birds
    Battle for Wesnoth
    Blimp - The Flying Adventure
    Boost 3D
    Bug Heroes
    The Creeps!
    Cut The Rope
    Deadspace
    Doodle Jump
    Fastar!
    Helsing's fire
    iBlast Moki
    Illusia
    Jelly Car 2 (Not interested in JC3, for now anyway)
    Jet Car Stunts
    Land Air Sea Warfare
    LetsTans Deluxe
    Meteor Blitz
    Minigore
    NFS Hot Pursuit
    Ninjatown: Trees of Doom
    Oddy Smog's misadventure
    Osmos
    Ovenbreak infinity
    Papa Sangre
    Pewpew land - Multiplay defence game
    PvZ
    Pocket God
    PrincessFury
    Ragdoll Blaster 2
    Real Racing 2
    Red Conquest
    Rolando
    Rolando 2
    Sigma
    Solomon's Boneyard
    Solomon's Keep
    Soosiz
    Space Miner
    Tilt to live

and that's it .

I tend to go for physics based or RPG / Adventure type of games . Racing are meh .. And I don't mind casual games . I've always wanted to try Real Time Strategy / Turn Based Strategy but I just don't have enough time . I used to love TD .. now it's getting a bit boring . My endless running needs are completed by Ovenbreak Infinity , similarly for endless jumping from doodle jump and oddy smog's misadventure (really good game IMO)

Not a big fan of FPS because I can't seem to aim properly using the touch screen ... probably because my sensitivity is too high .

Platformers are okay i guess . I've yet to complete Rolando and Rolando 2 and Soozis xD

I don't want anymore RPGs . I just want something new . Other than M. Bug Panic (I cannot buy alot of games because i'm using my dad's credit card >.>) what other games would you recommend ?

I have to get Kosmo spin and Spirit soon .

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    If you're curious about dual stick shooters this thread is a treasure trove... I've got a lot of them but haven't played through most of them.

iDracula has a nice frantic survival mode...
    Red Nova has some nice space flying mechanics...
    Pirate's Cove is one of the more in depth ones with slower upgrade acquisition and mucho levels...
    Age of Zombies is a lot of fun but I felt too easy...
    Max Adventure was lukewarm for me but I haven't played it much...

I'm trying to work up the nerve to spend $5 on Bug Panic.

7. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    that's my reason too . xD

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lol so what kind of games are you looking for again? Saying your interested in every genre isn't much of a help. How about just name one genre that you're looking for an excellent game in, and I'll help you from there.

9. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    #9 STYJ, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
    I actually don't really know ... ><

I want a new and unique game . It can be from any genre . I just want something fresh that can last me quite a while .

Just no RPGs . I've had enough of RPGs >.>

and it doesn't have to be 1 game . :)

edit : I bought Bug Panic . Any others ?

Personally , I don't think Bug Panic is THAT good . The fact that i need to get these jigsaw puzzle pieces is not fun at all >.> I don't even know how to get them . So far i've gotten like 4..