Bit Breaker

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by bitdevs, Jan 14, 2011.

1. bitdevs

bitdevs Member

Jan 12, 2011
    #1 bitdevs, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    Trailer:

Hey guys, Bit Developers is starting to round out our game for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Please check here for more details.

And if you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here!

Thanks,

2. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    How does one Control the game?

3. bitdevs

bitdevs Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Currently we're playing around with different methods to find what we feel the most comfortable way would be. It seems like simply placing the paddle where ever you touch on the screen is the best bet for now. In this method the vertical screen coordinate of the tap is ignored, and only the horizontal coordinate is used to place the paddle.

Is there a particular method you'd like to see?

Thanks for posting!

4. bitdevs

bitdevs Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Sorry for the double post, but it's come to my attention that the trailer posted in this thread isn't very revealing or indicative as to what the heck is going on in the game.

So I'll be putting together a much slower paced, and well explained video about Bit Breaker. This may take me a few days though, as I'm leaving for vacation tonight (Puerto Rico here I come :cool:).

In the mean time if you have any questions about the rules, objectives, motivation, or any other detail please do make a post here and ask.

Thanks,
    David Gutierrez

5. quantumsheep

quantumsheep Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    The Head Cheese, Top Dog, Numero Uno Honcho, Quant
    London
    I really liked the look of the trailer - looks manic!

Especially all the white beams flashing around!

Looking forward to this :)

QS :D

6. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #6 ultimo, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    Oi Dave! (Dev!, pun intended.... ALL the way :p )
    That vid you are going to upload will hel'p', love the scoring part that you have merged with the game :)

Happy Holidays!

7. bitdevs

bitdevs Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Hey guys, I've added our latest video which shows of the gameplay mechanics of Bit Breaker; it's edited into the first post.

As always, if there are any questions or comments please do speak up! :)

8. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    Coming out for the iPhone? Is this local multiplayer or gamecenter as well? Need a beta tester?

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Looks great, but the success of breakout-style games nearly always hinge on number of levels... in my opinion anyway. After being spoiled by the likes of Ricochet giving us a level editor and thus, hundreds of levels to choose from it's hard to go back to low numbers unless the gameplay does something really special to keep things interesting.

10. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Made it to the Front page! :eek:

11. bitdevs

bitdevs Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Yes, this will definitely be out for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. We're using an engine that allows us to put the game on various platforms, so depending on the success of the iOS release other platforms will follow.

It is a multi-player centric game, and we are aiming for full Game Center Integration, along side local multi-player.

And, yes we do need beta testers...just not right now ;). We want to get the game a bit further along so that our beta testers can catch things we never saw, and not just point out the bugs we already know of.

You'll be happy to hear that adding levels to the game is actually really easy! The level builder is MS Paint, GIMP, or any other image editor you prefer. One simply makes a 32x32 image where 1 pixel is equivalent to 1 brick.

I know, exciting isn't it :D

Thanks for your support!

12. bitdevs

bitdevs Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Hey guys, we have a Facebook page now as well:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bit-Developers-Inc/179938002041232

So if you think you like Bit Breaker, and want to have plenty of people to play against when it's out, become a fan!

Also, I noticed that the question of price was raised on the Front Page Article; I think most will be happy to hear that Bit Breaker will cost .99 cents upon release.

We have plans to eventually expand Bit Breaker to other platforms, but that is all dependent on the games popularity.

Once again, thanks for all your support!

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    That's awesome! Makes it even simpler than Ricochet :D