Sales make me buy, but not play!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Joltrabbit, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I don't know why I keep buying games just because of sales! I convinced myself to stick to older titles and leveling up in Destroy Gunners and the ADD got me!

This week:
    NY Zombies (free)
    Galactic Phantasy ($1)
    Puzzle Quest 2 ($4)
    Zombie. ($1, new)
    Zombies! Run for you life! ($1 launch sale)
    Orc Vengence ($1)

And I'm staring at Dark Meadow ($3) when I know I'll never make time to play it.

Help!

2. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    sometimes we just don't have time to play it.
    when this situation happens to console game, it's really a money loss.
    but for IOS, well, 1 dollar 3 dollar, no hurt to buy.

3. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Well, you can try putting games in an appshopper accounts wish list. When your backlog gets down to 2-3 games, then buy the next few games. I don't see the point of buying more games than you can handle at a time. I guess it's up to you if you want to "collect" games or play them. Of course, with how cheap iOS games, we all go through periods when we splurge on games. ;-)

4. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    If you're gonna have a backlog of games that barely get played, it's better to have them on iOS than consoles at least. A few bucks wasted vs. a few hundred. ;)

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ha ha yeah the 'ADD' has got to me. I've got a huge backlog of games, i dont mind if i spend a fair bit on games when theyre released. Really i should wait to buy them in a sale as often i dont play them for ages. But i like to support the devs so they get my maximum money.

Think its a 'guy' thing, 'hording', eg dvds/music etc and now for me apps !

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Go and tell Squeaker, Queen of Backloggia.