Final Fantasy IX Announced for IOS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Darkcheney, Dec 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkcheney

Darkcheney Member

May 24, 2013
    There's an announcement on the Final Fantasy Portal that Final Fantasy IX is being ported to IOS, Android and PC.

I liked FF 7 and 8 but thought FF6 was a better game then either of those later entries. I loved FF IX because it hearkened back to FF6 in many ways.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Played a good chunk of this on my Vita and it's the one game I missed after I sold it. Great news!

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Great news! thanks! woohooooo!

I love iOS gaming :D

4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Finally, my first Ff game that I ever owned is arriving. Can't wait to pay them yet again for this gem. So excited!

5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    One of the best in the series. It got back to its traditional roots after the wonky 8. Curious why not 8 first tho.

6. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    image.jpg

can't wait for FF9!!! so hyped wonder why they skipped 8 though not that I'm complaining

7. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Give us 8 too!
    I'm shocked about 9 though didn't see this one coming for a few years at least if ever so very Happy about it. Vivi rocks and I like the characters in this one.

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    If you have the Final Fantasy Portal App you can find a link to the official site for it and it has the trailer included def has my interest peaked can't wait!

9. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    The prob with 8 is the job system might not be popular on the go mobile gaming. I hope they eventually able to port all FF games

10. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    One day it will happen!

11. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Niiice!!! Played through this twice on the PS1 and on an emulator on the 5. I haven't layed a scratch on Ozma. Maybe I can finally beat him on the 6s once it's released

12. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    why they are remastering IX and sold us a crappy emulator as an app for VII, their most widely known phenomenon of a game, i just can't understand...

13. Tanshi

Tanshi New Member

Jan 6, 2016
    FF VIII may be too big for ios at the moment

The reason they skip viii is due to the file size (1,820 MB in total compressed (when you take a vita port to ios)
    Final Fantasy IX is 1525 MB compressed (which is basically the maximum on the appstore i believe)

the max uncompressed size for an app on IOS is 4 GB

taking square want to upscale the graphics and so on .. the games will have approximate 500+ MB more space needed

so Final Fantasy VIII will be 2.3 GB to download (4.6+ GB installed)
    and Final Fantasy IX will be 2 GB to download and (4+ GB installed)

14. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Thanks Tanshi. I noticed on the Japan App Store most games are less than 100MB then you download the rest after starting the game up. I like it that way too. Really like the games on the Japan App Store Kingdom Hearts Unchained
    Monster hunter explore final fantasy möbius and final fantasy legends are ones I play most and dragon quest monsters too :)

15. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I think the game is coming out this month! Which would be awesome. Even though final fantasy 7 wasn't complete with mobile finishes in mind I'm still happy to be able to play it on the Go

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im pretty sure they wont leave out MFi controls, so whatever the GUI outcome of FF9 (and hopefully FF8 later on) will still be highly playable for me.

17. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Wow that would be cool if it's that early but on the site it does alresdy have the specs for the phones that can run it etc. so I hope you are right that would be great! Also looking forward to FFXV on Xbox one. This is a great year for FF fans :) I also think this will be done better than VII although I still love it anyways just glad I can play it on the go and anywhere.

18. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Maybe they don't want to confuse people over the FFvii remake, or in any way lose the impact of the massive hype train that surrounds that?

The reason that hype is so massive is because the fans have been calling for an update for years so if they go half way with a mobile update part of that frustration will have been satisfied by the time the remake comes.

Just a guess. What does anyone else think?

19. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Yeah I agree plus who knows what the future holds I'm sure eventually down the road they will figure out to release FFVii remake on phones . DQ 7 DS version released in Japan mobile quickly

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Final Fantasy IX is released later this month on Steam - should mean that the iOS port can't be far away. I guess they launch it first in the Japanese Appstore and a few weeks later everywhere, so we all should have it in a couple of weeks, hopefully. Can't wait, it's one of the best FF ever.