TopZie - The first true real time multiplayer action game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by brinked, Jan 22, 2013.

1. brinked

brinked Member

Oct 23, 2012
    #1 brinked, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    Topzie is a top down multiplayer game that is a cross between air hockey and soccer.

The game itself is super easy to learn, simply move your player around using an on screen dynamic joystick and tap anywhere on the screen to kick the ball when you're close enough to it. Simply kick it into your opponents goal and whoever has the most goals before the time runs out, WINS.

Some features include:

- Real time multiplayer based action.
    - 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 games.
    - Public chat lobby to discuss the game or organize a match with others.
    - Drag and drop players on teams. Only the game creator can control teams.
    - In game team management. Game creator can move players/spectators to different team during game play.
    - In game chat.
    - zoom in/out of the field for optimum performance.
    - Full spectator support. Go into any game room and watch the action.
    - Leaderboards.
    - Quick play. Randomly connects you with another ready player for a quick 1 vs 1 game.
    - Much more with many more features currently being worked on.

Price:Lite version will be free and will only have the quick play feature. All features will be unlocked for the lite version to make sure there are no bugs. After its proven stable, the pro version with all features will be $1.99 but will be free for a limited time.

Here is a video of a 2 vs 2 game. Game action begins about 0:30 in. Keep in mind that the server is located in the USA (amazon cloud) and 3 of the 4 players are from other countries (argentina, australia and Romania). Only I am located in the US.

LINK:

This is my first game I have ever worked on. I am not a game studio. It is just me, my programmer who did all the development, and a freelance designer. This game has taken 6 months to become ready for app store submission. A lot of hard work and dedication has gone into this and hopefully it shows.

We submitted to the app store Sunday night so hopefully it will be available within a week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks.

Will

2. thewebtheorist

thewebtheorist New Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Beta Tested: Great Game!

As a BETA tester, I can safely say this game kicks ass! It's got a great interface, and the game play is interactive and on point. I can't wait for its official release so that more people can play and have several games. Personally, I think it's just one of those games that will take off... :)

p.s. you can check out their site and sign up to be alerted of the official release!
    http://www.topzie.com/

3. bseh

bseh New Member

Jan 22, 2013
    From the developer point of view, i think this game is a big success.

From the gamer point of view, i think it should be more polished, use the iPad's power.

Good luck with the purchases. :)

4. brinked

brinked Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Hi bseh. Thanks for the feedback. Can you please elaborate on what you mean by using the ipads power? Do you mean the ipad version should be taking advantage of the bigger screen?

I do agree that more features can be integrated into the ipad due to the larger canvas, but the idea is to keep the ipad and iphone versions pretty much the same. The iphone 5 I find runs the game as good or better than any ipad we have tested on. It even runs great on the iphone 4.

Thank you again, we are always looking for input on how to improve the game. There is a lot I want to add but I think its important to not add to much on the initial release since that will make it harder to debug the existing features.