Drifter by Celsius Game Studios

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CGSColin, Sep 27, 2011.

1. CGSColin

CGSColin Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Hey! Thanks :)

The current plan is to be able to save wherever you are, yeah.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Great news! Thanks!

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
  4. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Just saw it. I'm really excited for this game. I think it will be just amazing. A galaxy with 20,000 stars to explore, with up to 12 planets each (from what I understood from the video). That means many, many planets to discover with their own surprises each. After seeing the video I can't wait to see what other space cities, space stations, etc. are awaiting in each system/planet :) counting the days for this to come out (100 more or less according to the video and if things go as expected :D)

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I can't view the video with work filters but I'm excited to see movement on Drifter; Red Nova was great and under-appreciated so I have high hopes for this ambitious project.

6. KiwiGummy

KiwiGummy Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I'm keeping my eye on this. I love space-themed games, and lots of stars to explore sounds awesome. Its' too bad we dont get space games like Wing Commander anymore.

7. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I love space games but I never liked any of the wing commander games from the 90s. They were too linear in their missions. I didn't feel any freedom at all in those games. Elite 2 and 3 were the polar opposite which i really enjoyed. This one looks like exploration is a big feature which I really like.

8. Red Nova but WITH STORY?!!
    Yay!!!!

9. _discovery

_discovery Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Artist
    Canada
    Hey this thread is pretty quiet, let me make some noise!

I see nobody has linked the Penny Arcade report video yet, allow me!

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/drifter

Have you seen the newer ships?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Don't forget to check the site occasionally, it was recently updated. There is also a forum!

Oh yea and you can get more realtime updates on the game by following Colin or myself on Twitter!

10. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Amazing news!!!! I also feel this thread is quite silent, as well as being the only one eho shows long-term interest in this game in the forums, but I have very high expectations for it. I think it will be THE space trader game. I really wish the release date was nearer. "Summer" feels too far, but I already have a budget for it :)

I feel this game hasn't received the attention it deserves. Prevail's got much more attention and in the end I'm pretty sure Drifter will go live earlier. 20,000 systems sure sounds cool, and I'm sure each of them will have that "wow!" factor, being it the background colour, a weird space station or the slightest detail. @CGSColin, I really, really wish you a great success with this game. You truly deserve it from what I've seen :)

11. Dephin

Dephin Member

May 8, 2012
    Self employed cladder
    South englaaand
    #51 Dephin, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
  12. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I am still watching Drifter; hopefully we will get some good impressions from the beta from those with access.

13. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'm still watching Drifter too. I only use iPhone/iPad for gaming though. That's why I haven't preordered to access the beta. Hopefully the game will be out to enjoy it during part of the summer :)

14. CGSColin

Jul 21, 2009
    Hey all!

I just wanted to pop in to let you know that Drifter on iOS is still being developed along side the desktop version, but because you can't release betas on the App Store it will have to wait until release before you can get your hands on it! That said I'm still monitoring this thread if anyone ever has any questions :)

[​IMG]
    Click to enlarge

15. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    You could always hold a beta test through TestFlight or something else. ;)

16. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

Glad to hear its still in development for ios. Been loving the game from what I've seen so far and been following it since it was first announced. Would love to beta through testflight or something

17. CGSColin

Jul 21, 2009
    There will be a limited beta via TestFlight closer to the launch date to shake out any iOS-specific bugs but because of the 100 device ID limit on Apple's end it wouldn't be anywhere near the scale of the desktop beta, which is unfortunate but unavoidable.

18. CGSColin

Jul 21, 2009
  19. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    That trailer looks excellent; the space setting seems vey smooth. Looking forward to iOS avaliability.

Is there a projected iOS release timeframe?

20. CGSColin

Jul 21, 2009
    Near the end of the August, if all goes according to plan (it almost never does, mind, but I'm working as fast as I can :))