War of the Zombie, new mobile strategy simulation

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by vdvgames, Apr 5, 2013.

1. vdvgames

vdvgames Active Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Chief Game Guru
    Singapore/Bangkok
    #1 vdvgames, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    [​IMG]
    We are currently developing a new Zombie outbreak strategy simulation for all iPads and iPhones!
    The game is targeted to launch on the app store in May 2013.

If you're interested in signing up as a beta-tester on testflight you can do that here:
    http://tflig.ht/169VC1z

Here is the youtube link to a sneak peek of the game in action!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C09IKyrL2zo&feature=youtu.be

Keep track of the game's development progress through our facebook page at:
    http://www.facebook.com/vdvgames

2. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Ohhh! I'm a sucker for strategy games! I'm about to apply, this is an RTS game, right?

3. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Alright, applied as Dylan MD. Thank you!

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Watched the video and... Do you even have a way to zoom in? Coz if i was playing, i wouldnt know exactly where i left my team.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Applied for beta; thank you in advance for any consideration. The gameplay video is vague but reminds me of Zombilution.

6. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    I think I saw a "x1" in the corner of the screen. I assume that would be zoom.

7. vdvgames

vdvgames Active Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Chief Game Guru
    Singapore/Bangkok
    It's realtime when you're in the mission but turn based (day by day) when you're not in a mission, meaning you have as much time as you need outside of missions to buy supplies, check the global situation, check duty rosters of marines,researchers,diplomats,doctors and communications. :)

8. vdvgames

vdvgames Active Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Chief Game Guru
    Singapore/Bangkok
    Yes you can use the standard IOS pinch/zoom on the tactical map and during missions (up to 2 times the size you see in the video) I wasn't able to show that as I made the sneak peek in the simulator which doesn't allow multitouch :)
    As for the X1, X2, X3 that is actually for speeding up game play. Zombies don't walk that fast in X1 speed, so if you're 'hungry' to get eaten quickly (ie; want humans and zombies to move faster), you can increase the game speed, although probably not such a wise thing to do when u have tonnes of zombies after you and the survivors :)

9. vdvgames

vdvgames Active Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Chief Game Guru
    Singapore/Bangkok
    #9 vdvgames, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    Haven't seen zombilution before but War of the Zombie is inspired by games such as C&C:Red Alert and The Last Guy. :) Oh... and of course one of my favorites... X-Com!

10. vdvgames

vdvgames Active Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Chief Game Guru
    Singapore/Bangkok
    @undeadcow : cool :) Just finishing a 2nd map (suburb), so will be uploading later today to test flight, at the same time as adding in udid's of you guys interested in being beta-testers :)

11. vdvgames

vdvgames Active Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Chief Game Guru
    Singapore/Bangkok
    @Exact-Psience
    There is a pinch/zoom feature during mission and on the tactical map. Secondly when you tap a Safe Team member's tab (bottom left) the mission map scrolls to that marine.

12. vdvgames

vdvgames Active Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Chief Game Guru
    Singapore/Bangkok
    @pocketnova
    Cool ;) Will be adding you and the other new beta-testers later today once we have uploaded the newest beta version.

13. XvEsunavX

XvEsunavX Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Signing up now. This looks like its going to be epic. It reminds me of the alpha teams described in world war z, the book of course.

14. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Signed up this morning this looks awesome.

15. vdvgames

vdvgames Active Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Chief Game Guru
    Singapore/Bangkok
    @XvEsunavX :
    Thanks man :) I'm hoping i can get it out before WWZ comes out, i did see the trailer of the movie and it looks awesome. Have yet to read the book but i am as crazy about zombies as they are about human flesh ;)

@oooooomonkey:
    Approved you as well as XvEsunavX, and also the rest of you guys from touch arcade already ;) Please note if some of you have more then 1 device I have chosen to allow only your biggest devices (as apple limits the number of developer devices).

16. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Played the beta a bit and it is amazing; I was initially skeptical but it's very nice.

17. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Indeed it is! I have noticed after playing two rounds, one after another, both froze close to the end of the game. Don't know if it is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.

18. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I signed up for the beta, but I'm kind of wary. What does Testflight change on your device? It says it changes your settings. Nothing permanent or that would affect other apps, right?

19. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I signed up to Testflight. How do you try betas? I'm new to this.

20. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Once you're signed up on TestFlight you have to request to join a beta team. Use the link below, posted by the War of Zombies developers, to request to join their team. If approved they will add your device to the profile and you will be able to access a subsequent build (which will be e-mailed to you and all beta testing team members).