Increase pm storage

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by coolpepper43, Jul 19, 2014.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Could you please consider increasing the amount of pm's you can have stored on an account. It's a problem for me and probably others. Even if you could raise it by 5 it would help. Thank you! :)

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The PM limit counts ALL messages, even stuff in your sent folder. Delete your sent PM's and your inbox will be ready to roll again.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

I think.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Can confirm, does work. 10/10 would delete again.

5. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you Eli for responding. I already know about the sent pm's. It's just I need to keep records of things that I posted to devs even if they are old messages. I'm at the point that it's very difficult to find pm's that I'm confident that I will never need again. Maybe for senior members you could increase the stored amount of pm's? I think I can probably delete 15-20 messages if I looked hard enough but I think soon I'm going to be in a bind and I won't be able to receive any new pm's. Does anyone else have this problem?

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Hmm, alright, sounds like you're doing some pretty serious stuff via PM then. Should be fixed.

7. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you!!! :)

8. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk

I've never had this issue as such maybe once or twice in the year I've been here I've had to log in via a browser and delete my inbox and sent stuff as I've ran out if space but that's more because I'm messy rather than needing to keep my pms for records.

You could open the messages, take screen shots then your free to delete them and still have a record.

Or maybe exchanging emails with devs and then continuing your convo that way would give you much much more storage space and if something should ever happen to your ta account, forgotten password for example you'll still have access to those conversations.

9. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    On the bottom of the PM Inbox there is an option (in two places actually) to download all/selected PM's as text files. This preserves the format and allows you to copy and paste the text if necessary and you can keep them on your computer. It also allows them to be searched so if you are searching for a topic, developer, re: a game, etc.