Proofreading in German and translation into German for free to build portfolio

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by don1709, Dec 14, 2009.

1. don1709

don1709 Member

Dec 14, 2009
    #1 don1709, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
    Hi All,

I think this is the most appropriate place to post this. I am looking for developers who want to offer their software in German. I am trying to build a portfolio translating iPhone apps, so I am willing to do this for free at the moment.

I can either proofread German or translate from English into German. I am not a translator (yet) but I have worked at a localization company for a couple of years already (not as a translator but in sales). This gives me a good understanding on how software translation works, including proofreading, linguistic testing etc. and what things to watch out for/what problems can occur during translation.

Even though I lack direct experience in translation, I think this gives me at least a much better skill set to start with than for somebody who has never had anything to do with translation at all. I have a passion for languages and this is just something I would like to do on the side privately as I have enough time at hand even though I have a full-time job.

I am not looking for 100,000 words RPG jobs as that is of course out of my scope but I think for many games this is not the case and in those cases it might be great for smaller developers on a budget to make their software available to the hundreds of thousands German iPhone and iPod Touch users out there.

I am a gamer myself so I would have no problems translating text specific to gaming.

So if you are interested or have any other questions, send me a PM. Thanks.

2. don1709

don1709 Member

Dec 14, 2009
    and of course it should say portfolio in the title and not portofolio...a small typo I just noticed :)

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    You can still change the title. I think the window is 5 minutes. So hurry up :p

4. don1709

don1709 Member

Dec 14, 2009
    You were right. Thanks for the tip. I Didn't know you have to click on "advanced" before you can edit the title.

5. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

Cool offer, I sent you a pm. Thanks!

6. don1709

don1709 Member

Dec 14, 2009
    thanks for all the PMs guys. Just wanted to say that I cannot take more requests at the moment. There is plenty to start with now. If that changes again I'll report back here again.

7. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    As there seems to be a great demand in Translations Services, i´d like to point out that i´m also considering to accept a few free Translation Jobs from English to German.

I´m doing this in my sparetime, so i´m only willing to take one or two small jobs at a time for the moment. RPGs are out of my scope aswell, as they just contain too much text to translate.

Just drop me a PM.