You know it's good, fun, popular, ETC. but you don't buy it...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by songkranw, Jun 25, 2009.

1. songkranw

songkranw Well-Known Member

Please list the game that you know it's very well know, look very interesting, seem very fun ... but you don't buy it yet for some reason.

For me is iShoot and Flight Control still not buy it even today. The reason for not buy it still unknown to me...

2. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Star Defense - price, along with too many mixed reviews...especially from people here on TA that I know like tower defense games and know what it takes for them to be good. There's a few others I haven't gotten, but that's the biggest.

3. dacool561

dacool561 Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    F.A.S.T. Looks likes fun, has great reviews, and has an awesome price right now but something about flight games i just don't like. I love the idea, and i always wanted to like flight sim/dogfighting type games (Ace Combat comes to mind), but something just didnt like. I tried to convince my self it was a deal too good to pass, but i know that whether it's 3 or 10 dollars i'm positive that i'll never play it more than once.

4. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Both the previously mentioned ones and real racing, card ninj, isotope, Azkend, and toki tori

5. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    You should get it.

For me, I haven't gotten F.A.S.T yet.

6. Icy_fighter

Icy_fighter Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Real racing, assassins creed, and star defense. Reason is because of their price. I want a big price drop.

7. coolman

coolman Well-Known Member

#7 coolman, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
    F.A.S.T, Assassins Creed, and also Star Defense.

For the same reason than Icy_fighter

8. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Well if Star Defense had gotten more consistent, glowing reviews, the price would not have stopped me, but it's current price is too high for me to get it just to see for myself whether it's really good or not.

Oh and the other game I haven't gotten is Monster Pinball, it looks fun and very nicely polished, but getting Wild West pinball for free reminds me why pinball games suck...you hit the ball a couple of times and then it just goes right down between your paddles and you lose...where's the fun/point in that?

9. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Star Defense for me also. Its all nice and all. but:
    1. I already have a lot of tower defense games
    2. I have noone to play challenge mode with
    3. Trying to cut down on purchases. If I wasnt 40 bucks over budget this month, I'd get it. So maybe I'll get it in August lol..

10. DarthPuma

DarthPuma Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Pocket God. It looks kind of fun, but I don't see myself using it for more than a few minutes.

11. slowervslow

slowervslow New Member

Jun 25, 2009
    need for speed, peggle, and sallys spa....need for speed seems like it would be cool for about two days ,peggle seems like it would get boring and repetive and sallys spa....i dont even know about that one....

12. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Trism. I think I am waiting for a sale. At $.99 I would purchase without thinking.

13. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Zenonia and Isotope.

Zenonia because I don't see myself spending 40 hours playing as a small, grunting pixelized character that's actually a cellphone port.

Isotope, tried the lite version, seemed fun, but I just didn't really get into it.

Games that're expensive (relatively speaking) really need a price drop. To those of you who said Peggle, I completely understand you. Everybody was saying it was awesome, I took a look at some videos, and pushed it away completely. The only reason I got hooked on it was because of the sale, which in a sense, was a smart move by the company. But even now, I understand why some of you won't get it.

14. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    F.A.S.T is awesome guys. You guys should definately get it.

I've never once enjoy flight games either. But it was an impulse buy since the graphics looked outstanding. The game is actually really fun, and has a ton of gameplay and is very intuitive. It's my favorite game on the app store right now by far.

I highly recommend the purchase if you like action games or shooters at all. It feels very similar to a first person shooter, but a lot more novel since it's a totally different genre.

15. Marioman619

Marioman619 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    It's Let's Golf for me. Don't know why.

16. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    To answer the question, mine is Peggle.

I know it's supposedly one of the best games on itunes.

But...

a.) I've never been a big fan of puzzle type games.

b.) I missed the .99 cent sale weekend and now I simply can't justify payin $5 for a game that most people bought for 99 cents.

If the game ever drops back down to around 1.99 or so, I'll probably pick it up as I have literally close to a hundred games now :eek: (about half of them were free)! So not having Peggle in my vast and comprehensive collection is kind of disappointing.

17. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    I think my only one of these is Assassin's Creed. It looked kinda shabby to me. But other wise I get all of the really high profile games.

18. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Star Defense, F.A.S.T and Real Racing because I got broke before they came out. Will probably get them in a month or so.

Alot of you mentioned Assassin Creed. I would recommend you guys to get it. It's definitely worth your money.

19. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    #19 skamando, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
    Yeah I don't like NFSU too much. It's alright, but Real Racing just destroys it. Peggle's solid, a good amount of fun, but in short bursts. Play it too often and you'll get bored quick. And I hate all time management games like sally's spa and that bs.

At any price this game is worth it. Just ask Zincous. XD

Real Racing is the only one of those I think is worth it. So freaking good. Star Defense is just like every other TD and F.A.S.T. is only ok. I haven't sunk much time into either. If you want a nice TD, get Defender Chronicles, if you don't have it already. And I'm still thinking about AC.

20. ENERTRON

ENERTRON Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Zenonia. Looks like a lot of fun but I've bought too many games for $5 only to see them drop to $1.

"and now we play the waiting game"