Costume Quest from 4.99 to .99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Repulsa, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    the expansion is free right now on top of that . Does anyone have any info about this one? It's been on my wl for awhile I think the massive file size keeps me from purchasing it.

2. schnitselking

schnitselking Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Definitely purchase. 0.99 is a huge steal, and there's a pretty good amount of play time there, especially with the expansion. I paid full price and never looked back.

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    On sale again. Last updated 2013. :(

4. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Does not having the sound completely bugger up the game, or is it not such a humongous deal? I'm happy throwing on some tunes and putting the 'pad on mute when I'm playing a game, but not if the sound and dialogue are intrinsic to the experience.

5. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    I'm using iOS 10.2 and all the sound effects and some of the little victory fanfares play fine, it's just the background music that doesn't work. I guess it leaves some of the nuances a little flat but it's rare that I play games with bgm on anyway, so I'm not overly worried. All in all, perfectly playable.

6. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Thank you, man. That's just what I needed to hear. Will get it now. (Do not have any plans on ever updating my OS at the moment).

7. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I heard it's going to be entirely free soon.

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I wouldn't doubt if many go free just before the purge.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep...this, Dropchord and The Cave will all go free at some point in the near future and will cease to work once iOS 11 is out, while the rest of the Double Fine (DOUBLE FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE~! [Still <3 Brutal Legend]) catalog will continue to be updated.

10. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    This and Dropchord have already gone free, not sure if The Cave will ever receive a price cut as it's under the SEGA banner.