Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    2 more dodo fails for me to this morning :(:( earth/fog and earth/chrome. Not going to use gems to speed up these fails on principle - I MUST LEARN PATIENCE!!!

Also, sorry to everyone, I'm a bit behind with my gem gifting but I have a list and will Catch up ASAP!!!

Anyway, back to Tribez!! There's a game to teach you patience.......

Happy breeding!!

2. Cazblu

Cazblu Active Member

Well, Girlpower is safe, my 48hr one was another Sun dragon :p
    Got so carried away trying to get the new dragons, I didn't realise I currently have a blue fire egg in my nursery....which I've been trying to get for ages...go figure :p

3. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    #3623 nicoga3000, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    Wow, I didn't realize the Leap Year Dragon was such a gem! :) Makes me feel sort of good, haha. I guess I'll treasure that little guy!

Now, it's off to try and figure out all these new combinations! Yikes...So many new dragons to breed. :-O

E: So how does one go about getting the dragon shrines maxed? Also, is there an "efficient" leveling guide?

4. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Finally got my first DoDo after 10 failures. I did 5 earth/chrome, 2 chrome/earth and 3 earth/fog all in the epic cave. This morning I did a earth/chrome in my regular cave and got it on the first try. Not sure if this will help anymore but wanted to let you guys know.

5. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Thank you GIRLPOWER. I did get both steel dragons back to back in the epic cave with medal and frostfire one last night and one this morning. I am still working on my first Dodo. Thank you for all the good wishes. I read that we will not see the dodo dragon in the market until the next update. Good luck everyone.

6. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    WOW...TWO STEELS....you gotta be very happy with that success :)
    I still only have one cause busily trying to get a DODO....just did my 14th fail,
    Still trying with earth/chrome both caves.....at least my metal shrine only needs a few more to activate to silver....
    Congrats TIMELESS....two at once = :D:D

7. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phew LOL :D
    Well done on your Bluey Caz, again perseverance pays off ;)

8. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Congrats dean....great to hear :)

9. icrit041905

icrit041905 Active Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Lol it seems dodo is real after 4 fails of earth+chrome a 16 hr breeding (wait for it) time.. Im glad my 16 gems didnt go to waste lol

10. icrit041905

icrit041905 Active Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Too excited, hatched it lol. Feel free to stare at it for hours :))))))

11. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Mine disappeared the exact same way but it turned to cold. It poofed me off!

12. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    After a zillion tries with earth/fog and 60-70 crystals later (grumble grumble) I tried earth/chrome and got my second 16hr wait.
    Finally I can stop this mad chase for dodo. To be honest I am not sure if I want to display it at all. Its got earth dragon's jelly-like bouncy body. Not really attractive. Baby cactus is worse. It looks like someone is stretching and compressing a water balloon. I can't understand how they can come up with something as gorgeous as Love, Panlong or Bloom and still make crappy dragons like... well, the list is too long. I am looking forward to more metal based dragons though. Hopefully they would generate more cash than current ones as well.

13. swarmski

swarmski Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Why are there attractive and non attractive people int his world? There just are... ;)

PS Cactus is the best!

14. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Good one. I like Cactus too. It's a goofy looking plant- How else would you expect a cactus dragon to look? :)

15. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Not everybody has the same idea of beauty. I think the cactus and iceberg dragons are cute as buttons, myself. I think Backflip does a pretty great job with all their dragon designs, and I love that they have a lot of diversity, in there...a little something for everyone.

The one thing I don't like so much is when a dragon comes along that's just a recolour of an existing design, like air/sandstorm or earth/dodo. I didn't mind so much with the Leap Year dragon, as the gold hues look good on the rainbow dragon's body, but most of the recolours aren't that special.

16. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3636 girlpower, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    Does anyone have any successful DODO combos to share apart from earth/chrome (incl reverse) or earth/fog please?

After currently 16 fails with earth/chrome, I have now been able to activate my metal shrine to silver (yay, one good thing) so currently on 4th earth/fog fail......some advice please as to whether I should keep trying this combo till.....well till I need a change?

20 fails probably doesn't warrant a mini rant yet, so this is not one......yet haha
    Anyone tested the waters with earth/willow or earth/blazing yet? :confused:

Thanks for the dare Jazbo, ‘the Tribez' has now hooked me in and an enjoyable distraction from DV fails :p

17. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Fair enough, but I don't normally have to invite unattractive people into my house and feed them until they reach level 15. :)

18. Cazblu

Cazblu Active Member

I just tried Earth/Blazing and have a 16hr wait.

19. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009

20. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    I tested earth willow I got a 12 hour wait. I have nothing on that dragon either .Good Luck