Ex Hybrid Controller for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Lost_Deputy, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    This looks pretty good. I've ordered one. Works off iCade compatability. Alot less bulky then the other options out there. Perfect for a quick Mario session while dropping a few mates off at the pool.

http://iphone5mod.com/shop/ex-hybrid-controller-for-iphone-5/

Anyone tried one of these badboys yet?

2. fredfou

fredfou New Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Hello,
    Even if you have an iPhone (of course!), could you try it with an android smartphone (at least android 4.0 or upper) and tell us if it works (both keyboard and controller)?
    Thank you.

3. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    So it came today:)

It's a slick little unit. Works well with icade compatible games so far. It also works great with emus but there you will need to re allocate the button assignments in options.

It feels as responsive as the icade. The buttons take a little to get used to as they're quite small but better than on screen.

I can't see myself using the keyboard though it does feel solid. This is a great gaming option if you want to bust out games on the fly. The battery is meant to last for for 80hrs on continuous or 300hrs standby which seems like madness. The charger is neat and simple. It makes your i5 into more of a brick but nothing crazy. As a quick, aesthetically pleasing portable game pad option this is rad.

Attached Files:

4. pkmaximum

pkmaximum New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    How do the buttons feels, are they solid? It's a vague question, but please provide more experience if possible on how the buttons feel compared to regular controllers, for example, xbox controller. Also, is there any latency at all when playing games?