San Juan 4.99 - .99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Darth Ronfar, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #1 Darth Ronfar, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    Just noticed the sale...

San Juan

Ravensburger Verlag GmbH
    Boardgamegeek.com: 4/5 – “San Juan is one of my favorite card games and this implementation on iOS does it justice.” Sl…
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Boardgamegeek.com: 4/5 – “San Juan is one of my favorite card games and this implementation on iOS does it justice.” Slidetoplay.com: 3/4 – "San Juan is an excellent card game." Apptudes.com: 4/5 – "A definite must-buy for fans of card games, or those looking for a little bit of strategy on their iPhone or iPad." Gamezebo.com: 4.5/5 – "It’s well worth the price of admission.” 148Apps.com: 4.5/5 – “The card game variant of big box board game Puerto Rico outshines its big brother in many respects.” Pocketgamer.co.uk: 8/10 – "Well built and easy to pick up, San Juan is an intriguing game of building and trade." Best10Apps.com Editor Picked by Best10Apps.com The exciting card game based on the award-winning board game Puerto Rico is finally available for iPhone and iPad. Experience the Spanish colonisation once again with San Juan. Puerto Rico is at its prime. But can the same be said of this beautiful island’s capital city? Take on the role of the governor, builder, producer, trader or councilor and bring the city wealth and prestige. Are you smart enough to build the most profitable production facilities? Can you outdo your competitors with the most important buildings? Each building, whether a palace, poorhouse, smithy or silver smelter have their advantages. Who will finally win the battle for supremacy in San Juan? Features: • Digital adaptation of the card game based on Puerto Rico. • Designed by Andreas Seyfarth. • Stand-alone game, can be played without having played Puerto Rico. • Interactive tutorial to make San Juan easier to play. • Play with up to three other players or computer opponents on one Device. • Discover new tactics and ways to become the ruler of San Juan! • No need to assemble: simply start the game to enter the colonial world! And best of all: no need to put away the game once you have finished playing.
    Information
    Seller:Ravensburger Verlag GmbH
    Genre:Card, Strategy
    Release:Aug 02, 2012
    Updated:Jun 19, 2020
    Version:2.6
    Size:139.8 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (6)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. jerseydvd

jerseydvd Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
  3. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Puerto Rico HD, for iPad only (San Juan is universal), is also on sale for 99 cents.

4. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    $0.99/£0.99/€0.99.

It's a shame because I would have picked this up if they hadn't deliberately chosen this unfair exchange rate.

5. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    I hear you, but 30 pence is hardly worthy crying over if you really want the game.

Us Brits get screwed over by iTunes at nearly every price point so the £.99 thing is just another poke in the eye.

This is a quality developer though, not someone trying to scam you, and it is Apple who agreed this, so we can't really have a go at devs here.

I use FMA to earn dollar iTunes cards and have got loads of games this way, so maybe you should create a US account and start earning points.

6. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Apple offer a $0.99/£0.99 tier and a $0.99/£0.69 tier and the dev chose the unfair one.

I'm not fussed about the 30p, but I won't reward the Dev for deliberately choosing an unfair tier.

7. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    I will agree to disagree with you. Apple is at fault IMHO not the dev.

Business is business and if you can charge a higher price in a 'sale' situation, I don't really have a problem with it.....but I kinda see your point and guess you don't really want the game as the AppStore has no place for principles #

8. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    My favorite card game on the AppStore. Get it at the bargain price while you can

9. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Agreed

10. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Even thought it does not have any async MP, I would say it is a very good card game on it own right.

11. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    yep $1 again

San Juan

Ravensburger Verlag GmbH
    Boardgamegeek.com: 4/5 – “San Juan is one of my favorite card games and this implementation on iOS does it justice.” Sl…
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Boardgamegeek.com: 4/5 – “San Juan is one of my favorite card games and this implementation on iOS does it justice.” Slidetoplay.com: 3/4 – "San Juan is an excellent card game." Apptudes.com: 4/5 – "A definite must-buy for fans of card games, or those looking for a little bit of strategy on their iPhone or iPad." Gamezebo.com: 4.5/5 – "It’s well worth the price of admission.” 148Apps.com: 4.5/5 – “The card game variant of big box board game Puerto Rico outshines its big brother in many respects.” Pocketgamer.co.uk: 8/10 – "Well built and easy to pick up, San Juan is an intriguing game of building and trade." Best10Apps.com Editor Picked by Best10Apps.com The exciting card game based on the award-winning board game Puerto Rico is finally available for iPhone and iPad. Experience the Spanish colonisation once again with San Juan. Puerto Rico is at its prime. But can the same be said of this beautiful island’s capital city? Take on the role of the governor, builder, producer, trader or councilor and bring the city wealth and prestige. Are you smart enough to build the most profitable production facilities? Can you outdo your competitors with the most important buildings? Each building, whether a palace, poorhouse, smithy or silver smelter have their advantages. Who will finally win the battle for supremacy in San Juan? Features: • Digital adaptation of the card game based on Puerto Rico. • Designed by Andreas Seyfarth. • Stand-alone game, can be played without having played Puerto Rico. • Interactive tutorial to make San Juan easier to play. • Play with up to three other players or computer opponents on one Device. • Discover new tactics and ways to become the ruler of San Juan! • No need to assemble: simply start the game to enter the colonial world! And best of all: no need to put away the game once you have finished playing.
    Information
    Seller:Ravensburger Verlag GmbH
    Genre:Card, Strategy
    Release:Aug 02, 2012
    Updated:Jun 19, 2020
    Version:2.6
    Size:139.8 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (6)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

12. mysw1

mysw1 Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Fun game. Not a farming theme like Puerto Rico or Agricola which tends to bore me.