TrenchesVS out to beta

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ThunderGameWorks, Mar 20, 2010.

1. ThunderGameWorks

ThunderGameWorks Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    #1 ThunderGameWorks, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
    A release candidate for TrenchesVS, the long awaited multiplayer addition to Trenches, is heading to the beta test group today. You know what that means ... submission of TrenchesVS is imminent ... as soon as Monday.

TrenchesVS is going to bring this Top 10 seller to a whole new level with multiplayer Castle defense/attack. With the TrenchesVS addition, we've added a new Skirmish Battle type specifically designed for multiplayer ... King of the Trench! We're super excited about what this means for players and for Trenches.

We've been playing TrenchesVS for the last couple of weeks and it is so much fun. TrenchesVS is like Trenches, but ten times better ... who doesn't giggle with joy when they make gibs out of their best friend's army.

How much you does it cost, you ask?
    We've been asked numerous times ... is TrenchesVS going to be a new title ... is TrenchesVS going to be DLC? Well, I think I've got good news. In line with our freakish commitment to our players and loyal fans, we've committed to releasing TrenchesVS as a free update to Trenches. Yep! You heard correctly! TrenchesVS will be free for existing owners ... but ... the news isn't all good. Once TrenchesVS is approved, we're likely going to raise the price to somewhere between $1.99 and $2.99 USD. If you want TrenchesVS for the sale price ... you better buy it this weekend. Consider yourself warned ... ;)

[​IMG]

2. Negamaki

Negamaki Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Thanks for making it free guys! <3

3. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Yeah, now I am not that unhappy about the purchase anymore ;) Joke, your game is good :D but it was a bit overhyped at the beginning. With multiplayer, this will be epic :O

4. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    is multiplayer going to be just bluetooth/local network multiplayer or ONLINE multiplayer(playing with people around world)?

5. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    This release of TrenchesVS is going to sport Bluetooth and Local Wifi ... with Global WiFi to follow.

We finished local multiplayer and didn't see a reason to hold it back.

6. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Im not understanding here so is the beta new or old beta testers?

7. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    thanks for the fast reply. Ill think about getting this game. ;)

8. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    We've sent out the release candidate of TrenchesVS to a select group of beta testers that have the ability to test the multiplayer portions of the title.

9. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

awww... i would've loved to test it with my bro! his first beta test...

10. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    same

11. jezzze

jezzze Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    canada
    @thunder gameworks

you remember me right, well i was waiting for this day to happen, i bought the game pretty much as soon as it came out, and have been checking the blog for this update! I have a brother too, and he has it too, we/I would love to beta test it, are you accepting any?

IM SO EXCITED!!!!

12. Mathieu914

Mathieu914 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Student
    Canada, Québec
    #12 Mathieu914, Mar 20, 2010
    Nice to heard that the multiplayer is coming soon :D.

Also, there is a rule about begging for beta testing... :

- Don't beg/ask for promo codes or beta testing

13. Vexorg

Vexorg Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    The video shows two players playing on the same team. But is there going to be a player vs player mode where you don't play against the AI but each other?

14. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Actually it's only for promo codes.

@ twg: you almost gave me a heart attack I thought I was a beta tester. Anywhos can't wait.

15. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Actually Castle Conflict has multiplayer :p

Anyway, I'm pumped for this. Too bad everyone I know who has an iDevice are horrible at iDevice games.

Btw will this update have the new gestures for selecting multiple units?

16. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    TrenchesVS is going to have Cooperative AND Versus modes. So, you can fight with your friends ... or against your foes!

17. Cheeszandspoon

Cheeszandspoon Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    lolwut
    Tarpon Springs Florida
    I got the beta file! Thanks TGW!

18. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

#18 jak56, Mar 20, 2010
    Um, sorry, but tht wasn't begging for beta testing is t? If it's in the past tense then it's not asking, it's just commenting. I wouldn't be so grammatical but when I'm accused for stuff I'm not doing, I get pissed off. (I'm so badass when I get grammatical, don't I?;))

Thank god your not a mod, or we'd all be screwed! The forums may as well cease to exist.

19. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    yea, i got done for that a while back :(

20. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    #20 ThunderGameWorks, Mar 20, 2010
    Will! Thanks so much for the correction. I'll edit the description. Castle Conflict slipped under the radar for us. Oops!

Actually ... the new gestures went into v1.3. You can now use two finger swipe to "All Advance", "All Retreat" or "Hold Position" You can also shake to panic retreat ... very helpful when you find a red spotting round show up on a cluster of your troops. I nearly shake the fillings out of my teeth. :)