what ever happend to rolando ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by slomper, Oct 5, 2008.

1. slomper

slomper Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    when is rolando coming out?

2. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
  3. slomper

Aug 21, 2008
    how come? well i dont want it to be rushed but didnt they say it was gunna be out like soon?

4. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    What is this Rolando game? Is it like DizzyBee? If so, it should be fun:)

5. slomper

Aug 21, 2008
    it is kinda like dizzy bee but a lot better

6. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    How so? Is there like a story to it?

7. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I'd rather a developer release a game with 50 finished levels and take their time over it, rather than rushing it to market with 20 and promising 30 more in an update, which also adds a whole bunch of new features that should have been in the game in the first place.

In reality the update comes in a month by which point you're already sick of the game because it wasn't good enough to begin with.

Actually a very common problem with the App Store.

8. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

Agreed...like Fieldrunners, with its lack of sound effects. That's an awfully basic thing to be leaving out of a release. Updates are fine, but a game should be as finished as you can possibly make it with version 1.0. Too much beta software right now...not acceptable IMO.

--Eric

9. moopf

moopf Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Could it be that they're experiencing issues with the developers/publishers of Locoroco? I mean, it bears more than just a passing resemblance to that from the trailer videos they've released so far. I'm not just talking mechanics but visually as well. In fact, visually, some of the little critters are almost identical.

It looks fantastic and I can't wait for it to arrive but I just have this nagging feeling that this will not make it to the app store unless it ends up looking quite different to how it does now.