Universal Heroes of Order & Chaos - Multiplayer Online Game - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 20, 2012.

1. relog

relog Well-Known Member

how to play rank match? i always tried to play but it seems hard to connect so i play custom match :)

and btw the gameloft account HOC you using on ios can be use on android HOC ios?

2. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    At the "Play" tab press the giant 3v3 or 5v5 button (its the whole button above the "Co-Op" tab. Then you wait for a game to start. Alternatively if you have atleast 2 friend list persons online and available, you can open the friends page and the 2nd tab choose "team, 3v3, pvp" then invite your friend list to the game and click "Start". This method usually takes longer to start.

IOS Account that you try to use on Android will just show you as LVL 0 as if you just started, so yes you can use your account, but no it will not keep your progress between operating systems. -Note you cannot compete against android if you are on IOS and vice versa.

3. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
  4. relog

relog Well-Known Member

i hope we can play with android users because almost my friend are using android

5. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #665 ChaosProdigy, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    Great Hero balancing update patch. It addresses alot of the hero balancing issues and is a good start.

They forgot to buff Ant Guard! Also wish Bone Breaker got more love... his Ultimate is supposed to force the enemy to hit him but they can just walk away...

http://forum.gameloft.com/index.php/topic,75045.0.html

6. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I wonder why gameloft doesn't make their came iOS and android cross os compatible. It goes through their servers after all.

7. relog

relog Well-Known Member

yea and all of ly friend are android user -0- i wish they do it so we can play with android user

8. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #668 ChaosProdigy, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    Sent this to some key persons in Game Loft today. Enjoy reading and please provide some constructive criticism/feedback!
    --
    If GameLoft had a special hero that is hard to get, sort of like the Gambler, 3-4x harder to get than the gambler in the Rune Daily Reward and much much harder to win than Gamble in the Emblem daily reward (but possible), make this hero/skin only available for purchase or for free to those players who have unlocked all Heroes (or all heroes and all skins). Might be more fair to make it available to players who have unlocked all heroes because this can be achieved by spending in game emblems, but make this hero available for runes, so in the end all of these players will need to spend some runes.

I think this hero should be made to look flashy and unique and his skill should have fun and unique visual effects, like for example he can do a knock back that pushes enemies away, and/or he can do a chain pull skill (reverse charge) so instead of charging an enemy, he can throw his chain or whatever at them and pull them to himself Interesting to note as far as hero goes is that Guardians have no ranged option, it would be great if this hero was a "tank/support guardian" which offers utility by saving his teammates by knocking back enemies or knocking enemies into your tower, or pulling enemies to your team/tower. In my mind i was thinking a "Holy Warrior" - think of the crusades Holy Templar knights, he would be using a "holy shield" passive that sort of looks like http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj75/.../Ready.png , passive would turn his shield into a "holy shield" which gives him defensive boosts and if you hit the active component of this skill, he would "Smite" his enemy knocking them opposite direction. I'm thinking the weapon of such a holy warrior would be a Scepter, because a scepter can be ranged and would still look cool enough. I believe the paladin pull skill could magically transform his scepter into a "Holy Sword" which he can throw and have return to him together with his target (a pull). To make this hero flashy and more fun to use, he should have some type of Aura, for example http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/ski...ense.shtml any friendly unit hero or lane that is within range of the paladin will also receive this aura under their feet! This would be a very flashy effect and fun to use. The auras could also have a active component where you can activate the aura to "turn it off and make it do a skill" so for example a defensive aura is giving benefit to the whole team but if you activate it, the aura would be turned off but the paladin and/or his team would get a burst of speed for example. This way the paladin can control the battlefield by pushing or pulling enemies, helping his team passively, helping his team run away or chase if need be, and able to be a tank guardian class with his holy shield defensive buff while at same time be range class. I know this sounds super strong but im not asking you to make his damage ultra high, just allow him to scale well for end game. If a Holy Warrior reaches lvl 15 and has good items, allow his skills to scale well. Right now very few heroes scale well at begging, mid and end game. I have a unique idea for Holy Warrior ultimate, make the Holy Paladin immune to damage as he chants a prayer to the gods, he would basically kneel and his scepter would magically turn into a sword, after 1-2-3 seconds of immunity the Holy Warrior will receive a damage/defense buff and be a melee hero. Sort of like a berserkers stance, he will be able to do more damage up close and take more damage, and be more resistant to stuns and slows for x amount of seconds. This way the guardian would be ranged and melee once in a while.

You can offset the reverse charge (pull) by making the pulled enemy immune to damage for 1.5 seconds, or make the pulled enemy receive less damage for X seconds. Another fun idea might be that he can also push (knockback) the enemy, so if he is able to sneak up behind an enemy, he could push them onto our tower! That would be so fun to do to unsuspecting players.

Furthermore, this special hero normal attack should maybe do less damage, but hit anything in a line, so if you are shooting something 8 meters ahead, anything else that is between the hero and that target gets hit for some damage. If his range attack is less damage overall but does a normal attack damage anything in its path, then perhaps the tradeoff should be that this hero is 9 range like the phase master and make his normal attack have a cool animation, like for example a long chain lightning looking skill so once you get some attack speed it would look like a long beam of chain lightning or such!

Just an idea that would help Game Loft get ALOT more revenue in game as players would spend more runes on heroes and skins just to have them all and be able to purchase this very hard to get and flashy hero! Also it would be a point of pride for players who have spent alot of money and supported to game to be able to show something unique for it!

I further think that this hero should have 2 options for his itemization, one of his spells should stack with magic attack, and the other ones with physical attack. If the player prefers a long range magic attack player, he can stack all magic attack and make this 1 magic attack skill do damage which is viable in game, and others who prefer physical attack skills /items can also do that and be viable. A great example of a hero that can be played 2 very different ways is the Chameleon, before the last patch where his spit attack was nerfed too much, it was viable to either go full physical attack or go full magic attack and spit (a very fun and different way to play this hero) The patch nerfed his magic attack gains from items from 70% to 30% which broke this and now Chameleon is no longer competitive or usable in this way. My other suggestion would be to slightly buff the chameleon magic attack gain, or buff the default skill damage. At lvl 4 the skill itself only does 25 damage per second, if this was buffed and the magic gain was buffed from 30% to about 40% or 50% the spitter Chameleon would be viable again.

The biggest complaint i have seen since the hero balancing patch is that Ant Guard is the weakest hero in the game. If his ant sentry were able to show hidden stealth units like Elf or Chameleon and his normal attack was ranged, this would fix this hero enough to be viable. The other buff i would ask is for the Battle Mage, I would like her Ultimate to slow aoe for less than 10 seconds but make the slow more than 20% (maybe 30%) and also her ultimate should lower the cooldown of all of her other skills by about 40%, that way if she uses her ultimate, her other skills (lvl 1 or lvl 2 heal, blink etc) and her regular skills would get a nice lower cooldown effect allowing her to use them again. Historically in games a Battle Mage has some sort of teleport/blink ability, and in this game the Inquisitor has one, it would be nice if her passive had an active component that blinks her, but you can put a high cool-down on that. Her "word of power evaporation" hurts an enemy mana but Battle Mage is in the "Support" section, aside from 0.5 mana aura she does no support skills! I believe her "Word of power evaporation" should give mana to friendly hero if friendly hero is targeted that way she can give mana just like Gray Witch does.

Another really annoying hero skill to use is Kirasath the Demon Lord, his Demon Pact skill is VERY VERY Hard to target in combat (this is a mobile game and phone screens are tiny!). If he doesn't have a friendly hero selected, and taps this skill, it should automatically be cast on his Golem Giant pet... this would make it so much less frustrating to use this skill in combat!

The other class that needs some balancing is Paladin Grandmaster because right now his charge damage is bugged to do alot more damage than he should, he can basically 1 shot anyone in the game. If his defenses were raised and his dps lowered that would be great.

12-B is still probably the weakest Guardian, so he should be buffed as well as Bone Breaker. If his Defensive position skill was reworked to be a passive benefit with an active component that would go a long way to fix him. Right now this skill is very useless as it slows him down and gives little extra defense. Bone breakers ultimate is supposed to "force" the enemy to hit him, but the enemy can just walk away --i believe this is the major flaw because this guardian cant tank like he is supposed to. Guervus has widely been considered one of the weakest heroes in the game and also the weakest mage. He definitely needs some love, if his lava snake had 1 more bounce and 10% more damage and his passive was buffed by about 20% it would go a long way to bring him in line.

continues on below reply...

9. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Sia Tidesinger Priestess of the Tides passive is also a toggle on and off. Many players even myself did not realize its a passive you turn on or off. The skill description should be more clear and this skill should have a different visual to show when its on and off so its more clear.

There is very few heroes in the game that have a stun, i believe a good hero that could get stun is Khlint the Goblin Scout, his Ultimate is fun but has very little damage, it should get an added component that if you place this trap directly on an enemy, that enemy is stunned 1 second and the damage is double what it usually is. So if you set a trap, if an enemy steps on it within 1-2 seconds of setting this trap, the extra damage/stun is in effect, if the trap has been down for more than 2 seconds then the trap would do what it does now.

Another guardian that needs a slight rework is Belondis the Skeletal Warrior, his slow cast skill Corrosive Dust should be a instant cast so he can cast it while running. His ultimate is so fun to use, but you see so very few people use Belondis! The Ultimate is limited in its utility because Belondis has to be at the center of it essentially trapping himself with the enemy. If his ultimate could be targeted or dragged manually it would go a VERY LONG WAY to making Belondis more fun to use even though he isnt as competitive as many other heroes.

The Cyclops bug after the patch that makes his Devour heal for ridiculous amounts is linked with the fighter 3/3 life leech talent (9% life leech) If you have this talent and use cyclops , then his Devour skill will heal you 100% hp every time. This needs to be quick fix patched as well.

I personally think Anuir the Harpy Slayer 4 second life leech/stun is too powerful. I can understand that she needs this CC and she isn't a top class, but it is not fair to the opposite player to be unable to use skills or move for 4 seconds, this really is a very long time. I would suggest the damage component of this skill be buffed but the stun be moved to 3.5 seconds and that the anti cc boots 30% work against this skill.

Furthermore i would suggest a new 4 minute potion which costs 600-700 gold that lowers stun duration on your hero for about 10% and scales up to 15% when you are lvl 15.

I would like to again thank you for your amazing game and community support. It is my hope that the game continues to provide significant revenue for your team so that you can afford to continue supporting the game with further patches, expansions, balancing and eventually a new Heroes of Order and Chaos 2 with a 1$ a month business model!

Hope this reaches the correct patching bugs department/balancing department and development for new hero department. I truly believe a new "prestiege" Hero class that is only available to those of us who have unlocked all heroes (and if you really want more revenue make it available to those of us who have unlocked all skins) would be fair to everyone because the hero can still be won in the Daily Reward (although a lot smaller chance than Gambler) and would ensure alot more players spending money on the game! Another idea for this Prestiege class is to make the purchase of this hero available to those of us who have unlocked all heroes, but make the skins only available to those of us who have purchased ALL other skins! This would ensure those of us who truly support the game by spending real runes get a very unique and amazing skin that the other players can envy and strive for!

10. Hi all, I just got this game, got two questions.

First, do I have to be online to play? Is there anyway to play offline?

Second, does anyone have the Duo gamer wireless joystick? I just got it. How well does it work with this game?

11. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Does the XP bonus item apply in-game or only to the XP applied to your account after a match?

12. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Quantus:
    XP Bonus item applies after you win a match, you will see for example +70 emblems for the win, then another yelow line +70 emblems.

24 hour potion for 115 runes gives double exp or the double emblem and any time u win a game in those 24 hours you get double! Its a great investment if you can buy exp and emblem and spend alot of hours doing ranked or co -op

Connector:
    You do not have to be online to play, you need to have some internet connection and logged into your account to receive emblems/exp.

You can play on 3g or 4gLTE or wifi no problem (both online and offline)

the Duo Gamer Wireless joystick does not work with this game to my knowledge. There is a gameloft controller actually on sale now: http://toucharcade.com/2012/12/05/gamelofts-duo-gamer-controller-now-half-price-at-40-support-for-more-games-coming/

Although it works on most of GameLoft games, i am not 100% sure if it works with HoC yet.

13. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Are any stats available regarding the online playerbase? Specifically, how many players are online during peak hours?

14. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #674 ChaosProdigy, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    Too many players 24/7 hence server instability. U can find any type of match 24/7 except guild vs guild

First of all guilds are small and matching is buggy. Then add to that that you can't just take a team and que for a guild vs guild game and go do something else,

It would work better if it allowed guild vs guild to start from anywhere (menu, in game etc.) just a popup asks all online available guild members "match available X guild Vs Y guild- YES / NO" and first 3 to click yes would automatically start a gvg match. No wait times, no delays, just instant guild vs guild matches.

Right now u que for guild vs guild and pray some other guild did also at same time and it's horrible wait time or just not possible to guild vs guild when you factor in just how many times the other team "dodges" the game when they see your team is higher lvl.

15. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
  16. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Wouldn't Gameloft be better off making server upgrades than flavour of the month competitions? :confused:

17. relog

relog Well-Known Member

always internal server error -.-" but the ranking much is pretty ok sometimes lag

18. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    They fixed the server issue for the most part last night. Games have been smooth since.

19. adriilabsjoy

adriilabsjoy Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    a new update

so a new hero : Akartu
    and you can choose server : china or global

20. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #680 ChaosProdigy, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
    Yes i got that new hero. She is great.

New Tablet system is good too
    Tip: you can use all 3 tablets at same time
    The passives of tablets are unlocked by meeting the tablets requirements 10/10 order 5/5 chaos for example
    You can use 4 lesser inscriptions to get 1 higher rune,
    Gold inscriptions give 5 energy and is only way to ascend some tablets