iPad Red Conquest - (by Cat in a Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wootbean, Dec 12, 2009.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Don't tell me that - I've been waffling on getting this or not, now that I know I have a chance to win a code I'll have to wait! :(

Let me ask one question of you guys - is there any awesome industrial/techno music like in Blue Attack! or is it all more orchestral stuff in there?

2. vtable

vtable Member

Thanks for the information, Kosi. I think the plan is to get the first "minor" update out before we contact these guys, but don't quote me on that. :eek:

3. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    yeah the music in attack! is brutal and techno-ish...

4. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    You'll have to wait? oh man, I'm sorry but i really do feel sorry for those who aren't enjoying this awesome game already. :(

5. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Yeah, I have NOVA & Inotia 2, and I keep opting to play Red Conquest! instead.

It's so SWEET!!! :) :) :) :)

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    That and the enemy design is what attracted me to Blue Attack! in the first place. :) Got Blue Defense! when it went on sale, and I'm sure I'll cave in and buy this soon...

Budget issues: December Christmas spending, wife in school, 10 month old at home... I know it's only $4, but every dollar counts at the moment...

That being said, the bang for the buck for games on the iPhone is really good, and this game is a great example of that...

7. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California

I know what you mean, wife in school too and a 16 month old :D

But yea I limited my app spending. So far I've only bought Sword of Fargoal, Red conquest, and N.O.V.A. Still the fast load time/multiplayer/challenge levels etc totally makes this game THE best bang for buck game.

Oh man, I'm having a hard time in the pinch. I'm gonna restart I used up way too many resources to even get a decent grade in there :p

8. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I can't do any of the Escape or Defense challenge missions. In Defense I get wiped out before I can build two units. Escape I don't see how it's possible, all the units converge on you and there's just no way to reach the planet

9. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    we must be doing something wrong wootbean. Other players are able to beat this...just hang in there! :eek:

10. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Well I've done 3 Conquest challenges, the one I didn't beat being "not a fair fight." so not fair

11. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Yea that one was hard, i was finally able to beat it. Took me like 4 tries though :p This game has a really good feel to it. Almost puzzle-like, it sorta reminds me the way geoDefense made me feel when beating levels and such. But with a lot more control, of course ;)

12. Narziss

Nov 28, 2009
    #392 Narziss, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
    I'm starting to think beating "The Zipper" (in the "Escape" category) with an S is impossible, but I must be overlooking something...

I'm quite happy with the difficulty and the required micromanaging of this game. I saw in the itunes app reviews, someone complaining about it being to much to have to manually manage fighters, but I find that aspect to be great!

I'd like to see how tough this game can get against real players, since the AI seems to have its limits.

13. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    With the devs working on multiplayer hopefully we'll know soon. But judging by our scores in challenge modes i hope never to go up against you :eek:

14. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    yeah I suck - I'd love to see video of someone nailing down a quick "S" in a difficult challenge. nothing like feeling inadequate. ;)

15. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    The AI's actually pretty easy to beat..

lol :p

16. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    you and I have a Red Conquest grudgematch comin when MP is released.

YER GOIN DOOOOOWN, BRUTHER! :mad:

(j/k)

I'm toast... :eek:

17. Narziss

Nov 28, 2009
    Also, the fact that the dev actually posts and reads in this thread is absolutely amazing @_@

18. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    lol. We'll find each other one multiplayer is added >=)

19. Raphie123

Raphie123 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    OMG!!! This game is so epic! At first I was unable to play because I got beaten all the time by the f***ing AI, but now, it's my revenge :D Unfortunatly, I win every battle against the AI (in multiplayer) in less than 10 minutes, without being attacked one time... If there's could be difficulty level that would be very nice (for further update maybe :))

Also, I think that the game doesn't have enough depth in it. I mean, look at other RPG ; they have a Research Center, and I think that only that, could add a lot of depth in the game (Research Center could be used to upgrade some battleships). Also a "grade" system for the combat unit : with 2 kills, a ship become better, with 4, 6, 8, etc! And maybe some more units? :)

Plus, there's some little bug that must be fixed, but not enough to stop me from playing it!! Believe me, when the online multiplayer will be out, I'll never put my iPod down, always playing at it, connected to my computer so I'll never lose batteries.

Another thing that could be added, is the "Skirmish mode", in which you'll be against AI again, but where you'll be able to save the progress of your fight!

I think that's enough for now, if I think about something else, I'll edit this post!

Seriously, if you don't have an iPod yet, GO TO THE STORE AND BUY ONE NOW!!! And after, you buy this game and freakin' enjoy it :) Your life doesn't worth living if you don't have this game in your iDevice :D

Raphie123 :D

20. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    [​IMG]

Just did it a few minutes ago. :p Proved it to myself, for you. :)

Not gonna tell you how though.