Universal Growtopia (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Lol that would take away the value of splicing itself. It's a progression!

And really portcullis is only tier 6, so getting it and its ingredients isn't that difficult. Ninja clothing is tier 11 haha.

2. QWERTYthebold

QWERTYthebold Active Member

Feb 10, 2011
    I don't want to spend all my time hopelessly trying to figure out how to make stuff. I hope the wiki gets more love soon so I can just look at that.

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Oh I see ok forget what I said. How about a book where what ever you find it gets recorded

4. hamumu

hamumu New Member

Jan 1, 2013
    The Growpedia is coming in a future update, for sure. It's one of many surprising wonderments already underway. Right now though, we're locked in a life-or-death struggle with the onslaught of so many players! So our priority is just boring tech first, because we're getting WAY more players than we expected!

As for buying items with gems, start buying those seed packs! That's both the slot machine you're looking for, and the way you can buy almost every item in the game (albeit randomly).

5. QWERTYthebold

Feb 10, 2011
    Can doors be linked to other doors in different worlds?

6. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Yes.

Doors can be given IDs, and doors can link to other doors via their IDs in both the same and other worlds.

Let's say you place a door in WORLD1 and give it the ID "ABC".

If you put another door in WORLD1 and put its destination as ":ABC" it will link to the previous door.

Now if you go to WORLD2 and put a door and link it to "WORLD1:ABC" it will link to the first door too.

Don't forget to give doors descriptions! Otherwise the destination becomes their description and this can give it away and allow others to link to doors without that being your intention.

You don't want people seeing the ID of a door they shouldn't have access to, afterall.

7. QWERTYthebold

Feb 10, 2011
    thank you thank you thank you thank you

8. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    I've never played anything like Growtopia before, and I'm liking it. The only criticism is that the UI interferes with construction near the map edges, but that's not a big deal. I'm not a fan of on screen controls in general, though. Other than that, This is pretty addicting.

9. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    It does have its moments like that. I'm rarely in those situations, but I do find myself having to tweak zoom for that purpose from time to time.

10. Baron Cappuccino

Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Plainfield, CT
    Is there a way to protect my creations from myself? Perhaps a toggle-punches option? Could be handy in other people's worlds as well, for when you actually don't want to destroy their unprotected efforts for a seed or two.

11. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    One option(and what I do when I'm trying to be careful) is to toggle to the wrench(tapping the punch button in the hotbar when it's selected will toggle, or you could select the item from your bag).

It doesn't disable your straight punch button, but it does keep you from accidentally punching things via normal tapping.

12. Baron Cappuccino

Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Plainfield, CT
    That's a great idea. Who would've thought tile work and wallpapering, landscaping and the like would be so fun. I've done nothing but work and Growtopia all day. And, with the business we had at work today, I pretty much just played Growtopia.

13. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Haha, I'm a fan of Minecraft, so I generally like this "genre" in both 3D and 2D. I played Terraria a lot awhile back too. And truthfully, they're so much more fun online. So an MMO that can be played on the go is a pretty interesting take on the concept.

I'm also quite fond of the splicing aspect of the game. I've barely built anything so far, though - most of my time has been spent growing and splicing lol. Waiting for a big idea to hit me(aside from my SEEDIARY project anyway).

Although I do have another idea, a trading world to help people make at least slightly more secure trades. But I really need another world lock before I can put that into action, and I'm saving my gems for further bag upgrades x.x

Anyway, if you have any questions, I try to keep an eye on this thread.

14. Jordanbuzz

Jordanbuzz Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2011
    How do I build a door. I'm getting frustrated because I have cave background and dirt but its not working. What do I put down first or could someone please tell me how to make a door?

15. ThRaShEr

ThRaShEr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I put a huge lock and 8 death spikes at the end of my first platform game. Hotfeet is the world name. It's pretty hard to get through but the first one to figure it out will get those things and a few rare seeds. Hotfeet.

16. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Go to start world they have the common items you can grow.

17. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    You aren't trying to use the tiles are you?

You plant a dirt seed then plant a cave background seed on top of it while it's growing. Order doesn't matter, only the combination does.

18. Jordanbuzz

Dec 31, 2011
    ok thanks.. i love the seediary world. i even linked a door i bought to it so i can find combinations easily...thanks again

19. Jordanbuzz

Dec 31, 2011
    How do I place the door so I can make a house. I got the door but I don't want to travel worlds with it. Thanks

20. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    The sideways "door" is actually another block, the House Entrance.

Until you get there, you can use normal doors and intra-linking though.

Set an ID to a door both inside and outside the house, then set the inside door's destination to ":eek:utsideDoorIDHere", and do the same the other way around.

Set descriptions for the doors so the IDs aren't displayed to everyone, otherwise they can try linking their own doors to them from anywhere.

House Entrance = Dungeon Door + Door

Dungeon Door is in the SEEDIARY already, but House Entrance is Tier 6 so I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm glad the SEEDIARY has been helpful to you.