Baldur's Gate on the iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Claud, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    Hello everyone.

I am looking for someone who has played Baldur's Gate or Baldur's Gate II on an iPhone 6 Plus.

The App Store page says that these games aren't optimised for the higher resolution of the iPhone 6 and the 6 Plus so that makes me hesitant on purchasing them. How do they look on the 6+? Games often appear blurry and low quality when not optimised to the resolution of the newer devices so that's relevant to me.

Please provide some feedback and experiences with these games on an iPhone 6 Plus. Thanks!

2. mrmatis08

mrmatis08 Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Looks perfectly fine on my device (6+), albeit smaller text and characters. The portraits do tend to be a bit muddled in appearance, again due to the resizing for the 5.5 screen....but, it's way better than playing it on my iPhone 5 (and I own BG, BGII and Icewind Dale btw). The artwork looks just as pixilated as it does in my iPad mini. You have the option to zoom in on the action as well and enlargen the text. Depending on the size of your fingers ,some (tab) selections may be difficult to select...you find a way to make it all work though. Hope that helped.

3. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    That's great information, thank you for taking the time to answer. But does the game look more crisp on the iPhone 5 than it does on the 6 Plus?
    Is this one of those games that's noticeably not optimised for 1080p or with its classic artwork you can't really tell?