Watch our game evolve. The story of SUPER QUADRA.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by blue ox, Aug 27, 2010.

1. blue ox

blue ox Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Hi everyone,

Almost 2 years ago I created a game called Super Quadra and released it on the App Store. Although it was a complete game, it was never really built out to my original vision. Now is the time for me to finally finish this project and it's going to be done through a few incremental updates. When it's finally done I think I'll have something I can finally be proud of. I'm going to use this thread to post pictures and updates about the game as it evolves.

What is Super Quadra?

Super Quadra is a unique twist on the basic "Concentration" card matching game concept. Yes I know there are probably hundreds of such games on the App Store, but there is nothing like Super Quadra, trust me.

To beat Super Quadra you must survive 36 levels with a limited number of lives. Each level has a unique layout and there are multiple picture sets that are designed to be difficult to match.

Before each game level you can choose your skill level and you will be given a different amount of time to complete the game level. A higher bonus is given at the end of each game level for higher skill levels. This differs from most games, where you choose your skill level at the beginning of the game and you play the same skill level for the whole game. Super Quadra let's you choose a skill level for each game level.

There are also special squares like REVEAL squares that will temporarily reveal the hidden pictures, and BOMB squares that will blow you up if you touch them.

Super Quadra is evolving from "ho-hum" to "WOW!"

The biggest changes I'm making are in the graphics, sound effects, and music. My friend has written three songs for this game and I have to tell you they are incredible. I never realized how great an impact the music soundtrack could have on a game!

Here are some screenshots. Please keep in mind that the "NEW" screenshots are not the final version. They just reflect the game in evolution. As I get more updated pictures I will post them.

MAIN GAME SCREEN - OLD VERSION vs. EVOLVING VERSION

[​IMG] [​IMG]

LEVEL INTRODUCTION SCREEN - OLD VERSION vs. EVOLVING VERSION

[​IMG] [​IMG]

MAIN MENU SCREEN - OLD VERSION vs. EVOLVING VERSION
    (Those big white buttons definitely have to go!)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

ICON - OLD VERSION vs. EVOLVING VERSION

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I want your help!
    If you're interested in this game please feel free to ask questions and tell me what you think as I post new information to this thread.

Currently the old version of the game is still on the App Store. I'm going to do a release right away that is a MAJOR update, but still reflects a game in evolution. I plan to morph the game into my original vision over the next month or two with some incremental updates, then have a another go at a more widespread promotion.

If you want a United States App Store promo code for the old version of the game so you can watch Super Quadra evolve, please send an email to AppTeam [at] blueoxtech [dot] com. Due to my very limited time available, I will not respond to private message request for promo codes. I will only give promo codes for requests made by midnight on Eastern Standard Time on August 28, 2010. If I run out of codes or you write to me after that time, I will not be able to respond to your email. I hope you will be understanding that my time is limited.

I might be interested in taking on some beta testers for this game. If you would like to be considered, please send an email to AppTeam [at] blueoxtech [dot] com. If I decide to go with a beta program I will only use people who are serious about helping to test the game. When you write, please indicate which other games you have beta tested, and why you're interested in beta testing Super Quadra.

As Super Quadra evolves I'll post more info ... I know this game is not going to be everyone's cup of tea. There's no killing or hacking or anything like that. But for those of you that like an action type game that will test your brain, Super Quadra will be ideal!

Share and enjoy,

2. blue ox

blue ox Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    In these videos you can sample the sound and music from the old and evolving versions of Super Quadra.

OLD VERSION