Clap Box (Music Toy with Midi out) ->Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #1 Greyskull, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    Sorry I haven't been responding to my PM's or sharing my deep insight into the state of the currnt ios gaming scene ;) lately, I've just gotten over a nasty case of Salmonella.

Anyway, tonight's music toy (tested and approved) comes with full Midi support and a plethora of connection options. Toy or cheesy music instrument? You decide.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

If you can find a more complex and feature robust handclap-triggered synthesizer, more power to ya! If you never thought you needed one, or even that such a thing existed, well...you can never have to many effects! ;)

2. Well, welcome back. Tried this app, but it doesn't sound like handclaps, sounds more like a drum to me.

Well, this should be either my 1999 or 2000 post, wowzers!

Edit: one more needed, now where to post?

3. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    #3 Greyskull, Oct 17, 2012
    You trigger this one with claps. I guess you could say the original was a bit of a novelty; in todays terms, you could describe it as a "proof of concept" device. I'm just a sucker for any music app that has pro looking knobs and sliders ;).

Thanks Connector...I suppose you could break the barrier by replying "you're welcome" :)

I'll probably be up all night...gawd I'm starving. Haven't been able to keep any food down for 3 days. I'm starving. Of course, being the responsible 33 year old I am, the only thing I see in my fridge and pantry is bananas, instant oatmeal, peanut butter, milk, and coffee. Good thing those things go so well together.

4. #4 Connector, Oct 17, 2012
    You're welcome :)

2000th post, do I win a ipad mini? Iphone 5? Nothing? Ahhh shucks...

So you say I should clap my hands to get this thing to make noise? Weird, I thought this thing was something I could take to performances and have it do my clapping. Ok, will give it another chance and just clap myself this time.

Clap on, clap off, the clapper!

5. #5 Connector, Oct 17, 2012
    Very strange program. Hit all the buttons to on, then clapped my hands, and then yes, some feedback claps.

Can't say I would ever use it again, but it was a lot of fun to get this program to work. What would you use it for? To make sounds for music? Chase away potential thieves? To interrupt your neighbors when they are having sex? Turn on your night lamp?

Well, get better, looking at my food stock, I can give you a can of corn and some bread. If that would help. Good luck in catching up on reading all the threads on Toucharcade, that should keep you busy. ;)

6. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    #6 Greyskull, Oct 17, 2012
    Well...I suppose the purpose is to do what can be done, right :). I've played with the original, and it was basically a high-tech (at the time) toy. Kinda the same reason I've been saying I would build myself a Theremin for the past decade...thiugh that arises from my love for vocal-free surf rock and teenage obsession with Man or Astroman?.

Yeah, catching up is hard. Gone 3 days and the most talked about apps are all new. I suppose that's one of the things that keeps me interested in ios gaming. Finding the overlooked apps; never knowing what the next big thing will be.

I could probably use the corn. Trade ya a promo code? ;)

7. Haha, you can have the can of corn for free! You live in Los Angeles? I sure hope so...

Good to see you back and hopefully you will
    Get better soon.

I responded to your posts in the deleting apps thread in the developers
    Forum. Wow, some of my longest winded posts ever. I like my last post with screenshots though, check it out. ;)

8. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I live in LA East, NY South. South Florida. Specifically, Fort Lauderdale. When you live here, South Florida only means the east coast of Florida from the Palm Beaches in the North through Miami-Dade county (well, the Keys too, kinda).

But shouldn't matter. You were going to send it via email, right?

9. Yeah sure, will send it to you by email. :)

Maybe you should see a doctor after all!

Clap on, clap off, the clapper!