Lost Frontier by Mika Mobile coming June 2nd!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by luckystrikeguy, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbehre11

nbehre11 Active Member

Mar 29, 2013
  2. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Hey guys, just wanted to pop in here and say we're super excited to launch Lost Frontier. If you've got any questions I can probably answer them.

Also, OP may want to embed the video in the post. :)

3. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I don't know how to do it from a phone but if someone does feel free.

Are you able to tell us a little more about the hero uints ? Like to they level up ? Do you equip them? Are there unlockable ones ?

4. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    When you start, there are three heroes available and you'll unlock the others by playing the story mode. Using a hero steadily levels them up, and unlocks perks for both the hero themselves as well as the rest of their units.

Here's an example - John McGraw focuses on front line gunslingers, and gains damage resistance against all short range attacks. As he levels up he acquires a horse increasing his movement range, and eventually unlocks the ability to preemptively counterattack any unit who tries to attack him, making him extremely tough to bring down with anything short of total overkill.

5. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    Oh man so cool. I'll definitely be picking this up.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one whos going to want online mp. So hope it does well !

6. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    I just asked you guys how much and...

For 2.99 this is practically a steal! If we can use all these units against each other for online, and the story I know is awesome! Then I'm all in really! My wife will be mad for abit but 2.99 is soo much less expensive than a venti chai latte frap.

7. AyaAkiya

AyaAkiya New Member

This looks good :)

8. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Mika Mobile doing it again! Something something talent something something wazoo.

9. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Man I can't wait. Wish there was a pre-release copy that we could get our hands on so we didn't have to wait another week. Been a Mika fan for a loooong time. Their games set precedents that other companies try to follow and always fall short from the true craftsmanship

10. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    Yeah I'm pretty hyped on this one especially because the hero system and the theme.

11. Graphicalgeek

Graphicalgeek Well-Known Member

I'm curious why you guys didn't stick with the fantasy theme to possibly re-use assets from Battleheart, and instead went with the western theme?

12. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Maybe they want a new fresh game, developing from scratch. Maybe it would look like Fire Emblem etc and they would like to avoid the same path. Warbits looks like Advance Wars but it has it's own personality. It seems that this game has it's own too! I like that it's different. I hope it will have too much variety and many single player stages. Definitely a purchase!

:)

13. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Looks awesome just like all other Mika Mobile games!!!

14. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    Mostly we just kinda wanted to do a western setting. The mental picture of little cartoon gunslingers and horses done in our usual illustration style sounded like it had potential. And doing a turn-base strategy a-la Advance Wars was on our bucket list, it was just a matter of time before we did one in one setting or another.

Had we gone the fantasy route again and done a "Battleheart Tactics", I'm not sure we would have been able to re-use many assets from Battleheart anyway. I'm sure I would've needed to redo most of the art to fit the more top-down perspective and to comfortably fit into relatively small square tiles (Battleheart had more of a side-view than Lost Frontier, and characters were larger/taller on screen). Also, all of the units in Lost Frontier are drawn and animated from 3 perspectives (facing down, side, and up) so they can move and attack in each of the cardinal directions. Battleheart just had the one side view, so most of the art would be new regardless.

15. Graphicalgeek

Graphicalgeek Well-Known Member

Well, I'm glad you guys went with the Western theme, and I'm really looking forward to playing it!

16. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    Anybody else excited about this hitting on Thursday? I know I am. Mika can you release a screen of one of the heroes or something?

17. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Lol I've been checking Mika Mobile in the App Store everyday just hoping that it gets an early release somehow...

18. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    No need to check over and over, it's been approved and we've scheduled the release. It'll be available on Thursday worldwide (or in the evening Wednesday if you're in the US).

19. AmarulaByMorning

May 31, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    Congrats! I like theme, seems like there's a lot of room for more western-themed stuff out there. Nice promo video.