Can i still beta-test my indie game?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by sigLuca, Sep 16, 2011.

1. sigLuca

sigLuca Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Today i read on iOS Provisioning Portal:

"Important: Your iOS Developer Program membership can be terminated if you provide pre-release Apple Software to anyone other than employees, contractors, and members of your organization who are registered as Apple Developers and have a demonstrable need to know or use Apple Software in order to develop and test applications on your behalf. Unauthorized distribution of Apple Confidential Information (including pre-release Apple Software) is prohibited and may subject you to both civil and criminal liability."

So.... can i still add friends device in Provisioning Portal to beta test my game without being banned from iOS Developer Program?

I can count only on friends to beta-test, device i add to PP do not belong to contractors, employees or similar. Just friends.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Luca

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

take a step back and read it again.. ;) do you consider your own product software from apple?

3. Therealtrebitsch

Therealtrebitsch Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    That text is meant to stop you selling slots in your provisioning portal for being able to download iOS beta software. Not to stop you from sending out beta releases of YOUR application.

4. ChunkoutGames

ChunkoutGames Active Member

Yep, just stopping you from providing Apple's beta software to others

5. sigLuca

sigLuca Well-Known Member

Thanks you all for explain me better what's going up.

I'm sorry bothering you, i would have read more carefully...

6. Rejicute

Rejicute New Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Can i still beta-test my indie game?

I'm starting an indie game in the morning for my team. I can suss out an engine fairly quick, and get my composer to make some tracks, and I'll probably make my own graphics.