So... Game Center multiplayer. Discussion.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jayross, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Jayross

Jayross Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Am I the only one who is surprised that Pangea Software were the first people to add multiplayer to their games? Even Firemint, who I thought would embrace multiplayer with Real Racing and Flight Control, seemed to neglect it.

So now, in order for me to get my multiplayer fix, I have to play Cro-Mag Rally? Jeez, that game is TERRIBLE! I had a lot of trouble getting more than one other person to play with, and some maps I couldn't even find one person. Hopefully that will change when more people get Game Center, but the game will still be terrible.

Nanosaur is a bit better, although I only got to do the race and battle with another person. I talked to someone from New Zealand while racing, the audio quality was very clear, and there was no lag, so clearly the basic infrastructure works well.

I have yet to try Enigmo 2, but puzzle games aren't really my thing. Has anyone tried it? What do you think?

But we shouldn't have to play two year-old games to try multiplayer, why aren't their more top quality games that support multiplayer via Gamecenter?

I would LOVE to play Real Racing with 3 other people with voice and everything. Also, is 4 people the player cap? Or is that decided on by developers?

What games do you want to have Game Center multiplayer support? How has your Game Center multiplayer experience been so far?

2. Jayross

Jayross Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Oh, Mirror's Edge would be AMAZING! With 4-player multiplayer! Racing against 3 other red outlines... oh man... I doubt EA will do that, though.

3. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Enigmo was fun to talk with others but I don't find the game that appealing.

Nanosaur was fun after playing a good 4-5 games. Some people would talk but not much. Plus I saw one guy glitch into the mountainsides to win the rounds - wasn't very fun.

I've been having fun with Adrenaline Golf but it lacks voice, just basic text chat.

So far, Game Center is definitely breathing new life into old games but the system definitely could use a lot of new features and improvements

4. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida
    Cro Mag Rally Doesnt work for you too? what a relief, thought it was my router's fault.....

5. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Fruit Ninja's GC multiplayer works smoothly and is a great laugh. Really short and intense. Matches are never one-sided, and keeps you on your toes all the time. Highly recommended!

6. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I'm surprised there aren't more games with GC multiplayer already to be honest. Devs always appear to be looking for angles (often in all the wrong places) and this strikes me as being a great selling point at the moment.

7. jovy23

jovy23 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Does Fruit Ninja have voice chat also in multiplayer?

8. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Yeah, in the results screen.

9. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I didn't realize some multiplayer games had voice chat. That would be awesome for teamwork based multiplayer games.

10. Kylescorpion

Kylescorpion Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    It's not implemented in the game yet though.

11. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Oops misread Muscat's post lol :eek:

12. Mormoop

Mormoop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    How long have they had to even work with it? I genuinely don't know, but did all developers have access to GC for a significant period of time ahead of the announcement? It's not small feat to add multiplayer to a lot of games as well as properly test and balance it. It could take months in some cases, if they want to do it right, especially if it's a small house.

I mean yeah they could add half-ass multiplayer (which we've seen some of already) that will get a little news and attention, but what good is that besides getting a little attention for being ahead of the curve? If the multiplayer is just a novelty and not an actual fun game in its own right then people will play once and forget all about it.

Regardless, I wouldn't doubt there's going to be a slew of GC games in the next month or two.