Small Chronicles :: Strategy RPG Game by WhiteSponge :: DEV BLOG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WhiteSponge, Aug 27, 2012.

1. WhiteSponge

WhiteSponge Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your thoughts too! Wow and that is really a lot of questions!

You're right when you say that League mode is more like an asynchronous tournament ladder. The idea of player-run guilds where members battle for their guild's supremacy is a great suggestion! It may be added into future versions! At the moment there is only 1 vs 1 battles planned but it will definitely be possible for 2-on-2 team battles or even more.

The play area (number of tiles), which is 16, is the same for every fight. However, the number of tiles that characters/monsters can move onto might change depending on the fight. It might be something like a huge rock occupying the tile space. Well the potential is definitely there :)

Yes there are already trap tiles (spike,fire,poison & etc) planned too.

The play areas will mostly have the same shape because a varying playing shape might be confusing to some players.

Thanks for responding to my reply too! Look forward to the open beta then :)

2. WhiteSponge

3. WhiteSponge

haha glad that you like what you are seeing! :)

Here's another screenshot to show the new turn animation/indication for Small Chronicles!

[​IMG]

The "Enemy Turn" shows up at the same time your enemies start making their move! And this happens right after you have finished your action/move so the gameplay is more responsive!

Thanks to the alpha testing team for this! :)

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I like the level up animation that's is pretty neat. Is there different sort or enemies by chance?

5. WhiteSponge

Yes there are! From stage 7 onwards there is a new type of enemy being introduced :)

6. WhiteSponge

7. wuzmaname

wuzmaname Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Hi whitesponge, love the look of your game and your active participation in the forums!

Just a quick question so I understand the replayability factor - would Kon be able to unlock all the passive and active skills by the end of the game?

If that is the case, an idea would be to limit this so we can roll different types (I.e. a tank vs secdonary tank with healing capabilities) etc.

Just a thought!

8. WhiteSponge

Haha thanks wuzmaname! :) I love the community here!

Ah yes Kon would be able to unlock all skills but he won't be able to max out all skills :)

That's a really good idea! I might add additional skill requirements for the learning of more powerful skills for that!

I'm also guessing that you think that you can have multiple save games in Small Chronicles whereby each save game allows you to create a new build of Kon(or any other character) altogether.

Hahaha in actual fact, Small Chronicles saves the game for you. You won't be able to create new save games as there is only 1 of it ~

The reason I went with this approach for Small Chronicles is because by doing so, I can create an unlimited amount of characters that you play with :) each with their own individual characteristic and skills. This would be much better than say, having only 3 to 4 save games (which equals to only 3 to 4 characters)?

Of course, to allow players to test with different builds, there are also ways to reset your character skills and stat points :)

Do let me know how you feel about this approach of mine :p

Looking forward to hearing from u! :)

9. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I like that approach very good thinking :)

10. WhiteSponge

hahaha thanks! :)

11. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    When is a new build coming? I'm still on the 3rd level but I'm just saving money. What are the red jewels used for?

12. wuzmaname

wuzmaname Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    I can see the benefit of not defining the classes off-hand, that would give a lot more flexibility to the game.

I think as long as there is a function for characters to reset their stats and skills, it should be ok. Maybe the story could encourage the player to re-roll their characters anyway for certain missions? (i.e. in one mission Kon could be alone against a hoard of enemies where having an assassin/ rogue build would be of more benefit, or in another mission a mage/ wizard build with strong AoE to work as a support function instead of the main character)..

Just randomly sharpshooting.. not sure if your game allows for these mechanics. :)

13. WhiteSponge

Coming soon in a few days :)

The red jewels/rubies are used to buy more powerful equipments (you can see them in the npc store) :p

14. WhiteSponge

Haha that's a great idea! Although for the moment, the game doesn't really encourage the player upfront about it. It does so subtly through the type of monsters that are on the particular stage and the setup of their different starting positions.

Yea I want to have the characters define themselves instead of having classes define them :)

15. WhiteSponge

16. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
  17. WhiteSponge

Thanks! Keep checking this thread for regular updates :)

18. WhiteSponge

Haha yea they are! :)

There will be many more new monsters coming in the 2nd world!

19. WhiteSponge

Thanks! There will definitely be beta-testing! Keep checking back on this thread for when it gets announced! :)

20. WhiteSponge

Another monster profile on the creatures of Small Chronicles! Introducing the mad wood this time :D

[​IMG]