Universal Reckless Racing 2 - (by Polarbit) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 1, 2012.

1. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #521 WCFields, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
    Power slide

post deleted

2. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    this is really fun

3. Rijnton

Rijnton Active Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I just downloaded this game for my iPhone 4S and although I still have to get used to the controls I am beginning to love it very much.
    However it is not clear to me what "Chase Camera" is meant to do. As far as I can see there is no difference whether I check it or not. Can anyone explain it to me ?
    Thanks in advance.

4. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Camera view will stay behind your car no matter which direction you travel. Without it, sometimes you will be going down, left or right on the screen although it does rotate a bit, but camera is basically always facing 'north'. I much prefer chase cam!

5. Rijnton

Rijnton Active Member

Sep 29, 2012
    #525 Rijnton, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
    Thanks Baracus. It's clear and I see it now.

6. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    We have updated the game with iPhone 5 support now. We also did a Drift Tutorial video to explain the mechanics a little better. Covers both the basics and some more advanced techniques, so it's well worth a look if you enjoy going sideways!

It's also available in text form, if you prefer that: http://www.pixelbite.se/?p=981

7. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Just a quick question. I just upgraded my car to about half of full speed but when I leave the the upgrades room it shrinks back down? Is this a bug or am I missing something?

8. This is a wonderful game on hdmi tv. Wow, both reckless racings are. Didn't play so much on my ipad, but wow, they play great on tv.

9. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Thread Bump!

Sorry for bumping the Reckless Racing 2 'SALE' thread a while back. I totally did that by accident and just noticed I did that. This bump is NOT for any sales, but just some general questions/comments.

Did I read somewhere that Pixelbite and Polarbit are no longer working together? Maybe it was in the Repulze thread, not sure. If this is true, does that mean there will be no more updates for Reckless Racing 2?

Anywho, I'd still love to see the cars given better animations and a weightier feel overall. These traits are what is missing from RR2 that were nailed perfectly in RR1. I also NEVER use the standard camera view since I find it to be totally disorientating. I use the Chase camera exclusively, and I often wonder why it isn't the standard camera view. The control sensitivity update was huge for this game, but I would love to see some of this stuff addressed. I doubt it'll happen considering the age of the game, but one can hope.

10. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Resurrecting an old thread here, but has anyone else lost all of their progress recently. I had prettyluch completed this ages ago apart from a couple of the arcade traces, opens up the app a few days back and hav lost everything... Second time that's happened now #

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    It's happened to me once before too, but not recently. This and Mini Motor Racing are probably my 2 favorite racing games ever. They have never left my devices.

12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Same, along with traffic racer.

13. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Just re-downloaded this as i never really got to play it play it before.Noticed there was a new update yesterday (4th july) as well.

Anyway.there is no sound at all...No music or sound fx.The game is totally silent.Rebooted,re-downloaded,same result.

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I can’t find the thread for 3 but it’s currently reduced to 99p

@macplash just picked up number 3 with its sale as I remember you recommending it.

macplash likes this.