Ebb, an Artistic "Bullet Hell" Shooter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by timo, Jan 7, 2011.

1. timo

timo Active Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Hi everyone,

I recently submitted "Ebb", my new game, to Apple. I expect it to be approved shortly.

It's a very unique take on the "bullet hell shooter" genre, and I think it's a game that works really well for a touch screen (in fact, I think it could not exist on other types of platforms).

And, the soundtrack was created specifically for this game by talented composer Jeff Ball.

Here is the preview video. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks,
    Tim Omernick
    Infinite Lives

2. timo

timo Active Member

Mar 18, 2009
    PS this game is only $0.99 which is a steal considering the amount of effort and love that we put into this game. Please show your support for indie developers and download this when it is approved! Thanks.

3. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Can you say something more about it?

4. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    looks cool, but we need more info about gameplay, features, supported devices, ect.

5. timo

timo Active Member

Mar 18, 2009
    The gameplay is completely unique -- I haven't really seen a game like it.

Every time you play, the game is different, because it's randomly generated.

You can be one of three colors -- red, green, or yellow. You can pick up items to change your color. You can touch enemies that are your color -- enemies of a different color will kill you.

If you keep killing enemies of the same color, you will build a "chain" which gives you more points.

The closest game I can think of is "Ikaruga" (for Arcade, Dreamcast, GameCube, and XBLA).

I think it's a really unique game experience, fun for all ages, and has a really "chill" vibe when you play it. I hope you guys try it out when it's approved. :) I put a lot of effort into the game.

6. timo

timo Active Member

Mar 18, 2009
    The initial release is for iPhone and iPod touch, and I'll release the iPad version soon.

7. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Hi Timo.

Interesting video. It looks like you fly into the same color objects as your ship to get rid of them. How do you change it's color? Also, if you make this a universal app it'll have a much better chance of selling and be easier to play.

Thanks,

RC

8. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I will wait for the iPad version.

9. timo

timo Active Member

Mar 18, 2009
    There's a tutorial included with the game to teach you how to play. It's a pretty simple idea ^^

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    This looks really fun and unique! Wanna be one of the first to have it! Coming out soon, eh?

11. GasparZizou

GasparZizou Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    MKT student, intern in an advertising agency.
    Guadalajara
    looks really fun, im loving the soundtrack, it relaxes me a LOT!

12. timo

timo Active Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Yep, it's "In Review" now so I expect it to come out in the next few days ^^ I'll post here when it's out! This is my favorite game I've made so far (and I made a lot of games both with Infinite Lives and at ngmoco), so I hope you all enjoy it.

13. timo

timo Active Member

Mar 18, 2009