Why I love Real Racing

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Peter321, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    I own an iPhone 3G

I'm trying to resist buying a 3G, because there's really not THAT much new to justify spending so much money on it.

But the speed and promise of great games is pushing my patience hard.

Now, whenever the urge to upgrade gets too much, I just fire up Real Racing on my iPhone 3G and realize what an awesome phone I already have, since it can play games of this graphical quality with high framerate and perfect control :D

Sure, some games runs less perfect - but Real Racing proves that it's not the phone that's the problem - it's the developers of those games ;)

I don't need a faster iPhone, because the one I got simply ROCKS with games like Real Racing!

That's why I love the game (and it's great fun too!)

2. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Lol if you really want to stop that urge just don't play with one ever! That happened to me but I had an iPhone 2G and I needed some 3G and speed so I upgraded. Never ever play with the iPhone 3GS or else it's too late trust me I was a victim....

3. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    The 3gs is nice, but I'm waiting for a multicore processor. Enjoy the 3g, next year will bring a bad-a iPhone.

4. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    yea but I'll be upgrading again so :p and also I don't think multi-core would be introduce that quick because it's going to just splinter the market just too much...

5. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    This thread makes me miss my beautiful real racing:( (ok now I AM def being a whiney bitch)

6. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    Try recalibrating it le'deuche123

7. sniper

sniper Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Fanboy detected!

8. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    Fanboy detected what?

9. Peter321

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Problem is, my friend will probably get one when they are released here in Denmark at the end of this month, and I'm bound to check it out.

I REALLY, REALLY want to wait until next year, because I'm sure that will bring even better things we "can't live without" and as far as the 3GS goes, so far it's only the speed it has going for it as far as I'm concerned - but I guess it can be a big deal as well ;)

10. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

There's no point getting a 3GS if you already have an iPhone 3G.
    The phone function does not improve, why bother paying the morons at Apple an extra $600 for a few improvements in game performance? It's utterly ridiculous.
    If you want real gaming get a PS3 or something, I'm sure it beats iPhone games by a few lightyears.

11. jaikben

jaikben Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    going from a 2g to a 3gs is a real difference, I am happy I didn't got the 3g a year ago :). 2g vs 3g is just a very litte difference in speed ( 3g is faster with games but only a little , while 2g vs 3gs WOW what a difference

12. Peter321

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    I'm not just thinking about games - the speed is a benefit in all operations, and the extra RAM means less re-booting - again saving time.

However I agree that the 3GS does not bring any other significant improvements over the 3G - that's why I'm trying NOT to buy one ;)

As far as I see the 3GS's features:

Compass - I don't do a lot of geocaching, so no biggie ;)
    Voice Control - Nice for dialing, but for anything else a gimmick
    Better Camera - Nice, but the 3G camera is actually OK for quick shots
    Video recording - 30 fps VGA - are you kidding?, my N95 could do that 2 years ago, My Sony T500 Pocket camera does 30 fps 720p HD.

Faster speed - would be nice in day to day use
    More RAM - a big plus, but the 3G still works in most cases.

Maybe this thread should now be moved to the lounge? :D

13. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

For me voice dialing is huge, though Apple sucks for not putting that in from the start. So stupid. It's illegal for me to drive without a hands-free device, which the iPhone is not.

The fact that I can sell my 3G on ebay for $350 and buy a 3gs for $399 is tempting me.