ChronoBlade - Diablo Style Button Masher

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by macatron, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    #1 macatron, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
  2. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Hmmm, I'll keep an eye on this one. Seems like a cool game. Thanks for posting!

3. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Hey, no problem! :) I'm kinda surprised it didn't have a thread already.

4. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Same here! I would think more people would be interested in a game like this. I like the idea of co-op as well!

5. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Holy holy.. if that's real iOS or Android gameplay footage, I'm in total awe. Really, really interested in this one! :eek:

6. masa

masa Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Landscape Designer
    Bordeaux, France
    For moment the game in in Beta for Web Browser. I play this game since the Alpha version is release. The release date is soon fot htis plateforme but for Android and iOS you need to wait. The gameplay is easy to learn. You have Little Punch, High Punch and you can maje combo with it. You can to combine with jump to and use powerfull skil. Each characters have two skills trees. For me it isn't a Diablo-like because i play only on a horizontal screen.

7. JBrown4435

JBrown4435 New Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Looks great but the term "button masher" is a huge turn off.

8. masa

masa Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Landscape Designer
    Bordeaux, France
    i spend time to tap on my keyboard D-S to make combos and Q-W to use skills.
    Fortunatelly you can to combine D-S+Skill and jump to get various combos. But you just do it. I just fear about the iOS and Android version, because how to perform all the speed hits with a touch screen.

9. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    I like it a lot....but the name is a bit off for this game IMO ..blade/punch two diff things....(wow I think that's the first time I ever thought this enough to post about it...)

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... i thought there was gonna be shnikkt! and clang! and not thud! or bam!.

Should be called Chrono Brawl.

Im not sure how diablo this will be, but im definitely up for another good brawler.

11. Tipawan

Tipawan New Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Major Updates to ChronoBlade

Hi!

I've been beta testing the game since December and since then, with every new round of beta I've seen the game improve tremendously.

About the whole "blade" issue. Trust me, there are plenty of blades in the game.
    :)

Currently, there also weekly tournaments where the top 3 people on the leader board will win gold and champion helmet.

Skill trees have also been expanded and overall the gameplay if very fluid. There are more worlds to explore as well.

Here is some more recent footage:
    http://youtu.be/dRXiGW9vom4
    http://youtu.be/gn3rTAJI-jI

Follow @nWaygames and sign up for beta access at ChronoBlade.com
    However, if you want a beta key now follow @nWayGames and me @Tipawan78 and I can DM you a key.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I reeeeeeeaally hope im wrong but this sounds lik freemium.

13. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    It is f2p...

14. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Can't argue with the talent behind this game. Dave Jones of Grand Theft Auto, Tony Harman, from Realtime Worlds and Stieg Hedlund, the Diablo 2 designer
    :)

15. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Bloody Roar!! Thatz some collaboration.

16. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    They got a preview of the game on Appspy's channel on YouTube. Game looks sexy and gorgeous

17. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Is it a new video? I actually forgot all about this game. I wonder if it's still coming out?

18. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    #18 Based Xatu, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    This game is out in South Korea. If anyone has an SK account they would share, I would greatly appreciate it #

Edit: ok nvm, I stopped being lazy and made an account. The SK AppStore is crazy. I have never seen so many action RPGs, especially on the top 150.

19. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    I have followed you on Twitter (both accounts). I have been following you guys for a while and am really looking forward to this game. It doesn't look like a clone on everything else ok the market! The is one of the sad thing about the mobile market. It is filled with clones.

20. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    First impressions:

This is a very well made game, I could see how people would compare this Diablo. It's like an arcade brawler mixed in with Diablo.

Combat takes some getting used to, because there's a ton of buttons - even in the beginning. I would advise playing with a controller, if this game even has that support. On a 5s screen it is extremely cramped and I'm having a hard time blocking.

The game is beautiful, and your armor changes with everything you equip. Grinding through dungeons, they don't feel the same and you can tell the difference in between each. Character designs are pretty cool, kind of remind me of an old PS1 JRPG.

I can see why this is in the top 20 in The SK store; extremely polished and fun, I can't wait until this releases in English so I can enjoy it a bit more.