Universal Neuroshima Hex (by Portal Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Meh. The Multiplayer update has been On-The-Way ever since, so im not going to rely on another claim like this.

I will just patiently wait for it, and be happy when it does get released.

2. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    I had PM'ed BigDaddysCreations last week and this was their reply

"We're still on it and hopefully will be able to release it in few weeks, so February is still possible :)"

3. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I downloaded the game in another device I have... When I went to expansion area..they ask me to buy and ther is no option to restore!!!! I bought the two IAP before... Where is the restore option!!!!

4. Zero_killer

Zero_killer Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Actually, to download the expansion packs again you have to act like you are going to purchase them again by tapping on the purchase part, type in your password on the iTunes account that you used to buy them and it will tell you "you have already purchased this pack" and it will download it for you. Hope this helps.

5. Synozeer

Synozeer Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    So anyone expecting multiplayer to come out in the next few days? This time they said April, but I'm certainly not expecting it.

6. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
  7. Synozeer

Synozeer Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    That would be great, but I'll believe it when I see it ;)

8. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    The dev just tweeted, the multiplayer update is ready to be sent to apple. This is great news! What with this and ascension recent update, it's a wonderful time for asynchronous board gaming on ios!!!!! :D

9. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    3 months after they told me the update was coming soon, but finally it's near...

can't wait :D

10. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Sold! (As soon as multiplayer update hits ;))

11. kitkeat

kitkeat Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    please create a game with me sir... :) this goes out to anyone out there... 1 more solid game to add to the asynchronous games list :D:D:D

tears of joy~

12. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
  13. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    I promise you will be my first invite! ;) this game is such a brilliant implementation of the board game, I hope the large async community here latches onto it!

14. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #614 Ayjona, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
    The screenshots look absolutely stunning, and the feature list even more so! Visually, you might just have created one of the most slick and polished multplayer interfaces yet.

Three quickies:
    • Will the push notifications bring us directly into the pushed match? (This is something most async games get right, but the few that do not quickly become tiresome.)
    • Will there be a button/interface that alerts us of turns in other matches, and allows us to jump to games with active turns? (A power feature, less essential than most, but very convenient once we start juggling ten different games at once :) )
    • Will we be allowed to remain in-game after a submitted turn, and essentially play the game as a real-time multiplayer game, should we choose to? (Something the vast majority of async games get right, but just occasionally, a developer decides that, for some reason I've never had explained to me, the player should be booted to the main menu after her or his turn.)
    I foresee Neuroshima Hex quickly climbing to the very top of my favourite async games :)

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
  16. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    A blessing to hear and see. An update a lot of us have been anticipating for quite some time too. I can't wait for it's release, thank you! :D

With that said...I hope we will be seeing more expansion factions in upcoming iap updates? :)

17. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Very excited for this update! :D

18. kitkeat

kitkeat Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    any new teams coming as IAP? nice to see so many addition...

and, can we set up team base matches?

19. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    #619 BigDaddysCreations, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
    GodSon & kitkeat, new armies will be available with another update, we already started to work on these.
    As for the team mode, this is not yet available, but this is something we really want to add and eventually will.

Ayjona, push notifications will log you in and you'll just have to press 'Play' :) We didn't add this feature with showing which game is your move in, but will think about something like that in the future (it's tricky with our current implementation though). And yes, Neuroshima Hex multiplayer allows you to stay online and play synchronously or log out and be notified asynchronously.

20. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Thanks for the fast response and clarifying the push notifications further. This is still one of my favorite iOS games to date, so I'm stoked about more factions (the more the merrier in fact) and modes for multiplayer. Between this upcoming update and the recent Ascension update, I'm a very satisfied iGamer. ;)