Daredevil Dave 2 - Avail Dec 12 2015

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by schplurg, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sezzna

sezzna Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I loved the first :> I cant wait for the second ~!!!!!!

2. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Sorry about that. I keep wanting to put something together but every time I try, I realize I could be spending time working on the game. A video needs to be done.

I'm actually struggling for a way to record it. I wanna capture it directly from the iPad...I have a few ideas. Daves two year birthday is next month (May 11) so I want something prepared for that, if not sooner. I'll probably have Dave do some voice-overs for it too.

About Dave --- "Dave" is actually my good friend, Douglas Doherty. He does all the voice work for Dave and he is totally awesome at it! I'm fortunate to have a friend who possesses a sense of humor that is at least as strange as mine, if not more-so (maybe a lot more).

The new game will feature Douglas as Dave, of course! There will be many many MANY more voice clips in the game too. Many more of everything! I promise!

3. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    This should be a lot of fun on the new iPad I'm getting. Hope to see video soon, once you get it figured out, and really looking forward to playing it! :)

4. schplurg

Happy Birthday, Dave!

Today, May 11, marks Daredevil Dave's 2nd birthday!!!

This also slams home the fact that it's been 2 years since the first game was released...and no sequel! :eek:

Incredibly (at least I'm surprised after all this time) Dave is ranked #35 in the Racing category. Other games have come and gone over the past two years, but Dave is hanging in there. He got as high as #6 in the App Store, and was #1 in Racing for awhile. It's gotta be one of the oldest "top" games in the category. I can't believe people are still giving 4 and 5 star reviews, given the advancements in phone technology and the beautiful graphics of todays games.

I was hoping to have a video ready for today, but I do not. The capture card I used did not work so I had to order some new stuff.

Video should be ready within 2 weeks. I'm not going to make a big fancy trailer or "teaser" either. Don't we all hate seeing a bunch of pre-rendered 3D animations with spinning logos and big long intros anyways? Where's the game play!? Give me a break! This will not be one of "those videos". It will contain gameplay footage, and probably nothing else.

A huge thanks to everyone who has purchased the game, played the free versions, written a review, or simply posted in this thread. I am humbled by your awesomeness!

Dave, you are soooooo cooooool!!! Happy Birthday!!!

:D:):eek::cool:

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Happy birthday dave!

I agree that I'd much rather see some gameplay footage instead of some cgi cutscene. Can't wait.

6. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Happy game birthday, indeed. Hoping to see some tasty gameplay footage soon and dying to play this baby ASAP! :)

7. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Updates please

:)

8. scott99

scott99 Active Member

Jan 22, 2011
    The first Daredevil Dave is one of my top ten favorite iPhone games I've EVER played. I eagerly awaited the release, as I eagerly await Dave 2. I just loved Dave 1, had so much fun, even when I failed I enjoyed it. I think I played it more than any game on my iPhone, even 2 years later. I must thank you for such a different innovative game, A game that still hasn't been matched in his uniqueness.

Best of luck with the future release of Dave 2, I eagerly await the game, and will be one of your first customers once it's released. Thanks again for creating such a great game.

9. schplurg

I know, I know :( Thanks for hangin' in there! You're one of Dave's most loyal fans, I will not let you down ;)

Hey guys! Thanks for the cool post, Scott99, that's really nice to hear. You made my morning :) I love crashing Dave too, in fact I can't remember the last time I tried to land him safely, even while testing the new game!

I made a test video and it worked great! Finally! I set it to a Megadeth song, "Skin Of My Teeth", but I don't think I can post it with that song. I've been touching up a few jumps so they are presentable enough to be in a vid.

To anyone out there who wants to record off their iPad, this is the product I am using. This converts the signal to VGA...I got tired of screwing with HDMI problems. It works awesome:

http://www.amazon.com/AVERMEDIA-Broadcaster-1080p60-Capture-C127/dp/B006T8QCYA

I promise a video very shortly, hopefully within a week from today. Maybe sooner. I am going to capture some new footage (without all the ugly test info displayed on the HUD) and I'll be good to go.

10. schplurg

Update: Should have a vid in a few days!

11. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Pointless thread bump :)

12. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Member

Mar 7, 2012
    I am excite

Post video

13. schplurg

It's coming! I swear!

I liked you way back with the Commodores. After that...hmm... ;)

14. Two_Face

Two_Face Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I was a District Attourney
    Gotham
    I recently showed my cousin Dare Devil Dave. He loved it and so do I. Can't wait for this one!

15. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    OMG, almost forgot about this game. 1st one was so much fun, can't wait for the sequel. Please make sure it's universal, or at least offer an HD build with retina for new iPad. :eek:)

16. schplurg

#176 schplurg, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    It is Universal! Thank you to everyone for your support!

Video video video :D

Edit:
    It supports the new iPad resolution. I play it side by side with the iPad 2 and the 3D is definitely sharper. Some people say they can't see the difference in their own games, but the textures are sharper and there is less need for anti-aliasing. The game runs perfect on both devices - I have yet to see a frame stutter on either.

17. broeken

broeken Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Male
    Just watched the demo gameplay video and started cracking up immediately. Hard to believe it's been two years since the original. Really looking forward to this sequel.

18. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    Absolutely LOVED the first one.. Bought it the first day and showed my support for Dave from the get go..

Can't wait for this to hit the app store.
    :D

19. schplurg

Hello!

I guess it's okay to post the video here now. Was hoping/waiting that TA would put it on the front page, which they did :)

TouchArcade article and video! Than you TA, you guys are awesome, especially Jared (who gave Dave the nice write-up)!!!

Still early gameplay footage so things look a little rough. There is a lot more to the game than what you see here.

Anyways, you wanted it, you got it! Finally, I know. Hope you like it

Just to be clear, I'd like to officially state that this game was not inspired one bit by the character Super Dave Osbourne, in fact, I never liked him. I saw him once on Letterman 25 years ago and thought he was a jerk. Dave's never even heard of him. Evel Knievel is Daredevil Dave's hero and inspiration!

:)

20. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nice video. Can't wait for it to arrive.