Ultra Zultra - Roguelike Platformer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by moraleszez, Sep 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moraleszez

moraleszez Active Member

Aug 27, 2015
    #1 moraleszez, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    [​IMG]

In Ultra Zultra you must escape the "Nega-Jail" and stop the Evil Peak Society from turning err'body into pigeons.

A fast pace Action Platformer that will test your reaction time and problem solving abilities by throwing at you nearly every obstacle in the book. And many new to experiences, build up your character with multiple power ups, like Stealth and Triple jumping. Every attempt you will end up trying new powers and overcoming obstacles in a whole different way.

Features

# Use Unique Items and obtain Different Abilities combinations each new run
    # Procedural generated levels but hand tuned experiences
    X Multiple Endings (Not Happening) XXXXXXXX
    # Fight Bosses
    # Unique areas each with their own obstacles and enemies
    # Great gameplay with tight controls that will have you coming back for more

Release Data: November 22

Get Method: Premium 2.99

Has Control: You can play with overlay buttons or with a controller

The game is being develop by me (duh -.-).
    @Moraleszez
    Trailer

LOOKING FOR TEST FLIGHT TESTERS FOR FUTURE CONTENT UPDATE [email protected]

TL;DR : If you enjoy games like generic platformers with tight controls this will be the game for you.

OUT NOW https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ultra-zultra/id1306321343?ls=1&mt=8

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Would love to test and leave feedback

3. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Came here from the front page post (congrats by the way) to say that I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Keep it up. :)

4. alhvi

alhvi Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Game developer at Selva Interactive
    Guatemala City, Guatemala
    Looks great! Looking forward to it :)

5. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Looks good, definite buy from me!

6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    WOW. A lot of good platformers on the horizon. This looks like a fantastic instabuy.

7. moraleszez

moraleszez Active Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Thank you for the support! Front Page! :D
    My productivity has tripled now.

8. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I'm serious when I say I have to have this game right now

9. moraleszez

moraleszez Active Member

Aug 27, 2015
    UPDATE

Hello folks! I bring you good news about my game Ultra Zultra.

After a long year of development struggles, it's finally almost here.

[​IMG]

Right now I'm in the testing stages, trying to get it running well on the ipads and iphones.

I'm Looking for Test Flight testers, email [email protected] if you want to help out.

Check out the new Trailer here

Quick Game Scope Update:

I removed Multiple endings from the game, there's only 1 ending now.:mad:
    I changed the game to be more of a Procedurally Generated Action Platformer. :(

10. dcom

dcom New Member

Oct 24, 2017
    I would like to b-test the game.
    I speak english and spanish and have ios and android devices.
    Will send the email request
    Thanks

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Got the TestFlight email and have been playing a bit. First off, I think This game had so much potential. So much to love...the graphics, power ups, platforming.

I think the controls need a little work. This is definitely the type of game where controls will make or break it. I also think you should add a little tutorial. I couldn’t figure out how to use some of the power ups....like the health potion for example. The screen also seems a little zoomed in on the pause screen (playing on an X).

I can see myself (and any retro platforming fan) absolutely loving this.

Great job so far!

12. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Sent request via email to beta like you've asked. Thanks

13. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I've been playing it today. The game has a very unique look and feel to it, like its rough and polished at the same time. I've noticed the game doesn't keep score. I guess this will be added later? Also I hope you add auto rotate. Other than those issues I find the game quite fun. Thank you for letting me join the beta!

14. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Emailed ya with my feedback dev, didn't notice we had a forum up! =]

15. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Thanks for the test code, team!

Remove Border: True
    What does it? I'm not able to move or anything. No buttons on screen. Is this MFI controller support (i dont have this)? Always great for people who dont like (btw, your top responsive working) on-screen controls.

A mute button for all is not enough these days. Please have two for music AND sfx sounds. Two volume sliders is what i personaly prefer, but this seems to be too complicated to code. I hardly never find them i my chosen games.

AND please, code the auto screen rotation before release. A must-have in 2017!

Yep, the game is a bit rough around the edges...it comes with a one-screen-only-story, relatively short levels and the (i think) "progressive-orbital-industrial-8bit-music" might not please all players' ears.
    Also, imho, the sfx sounds need to be a bit crunchier. But maybe the music is simply a bit too loud for me.
    (playing on an iphone 7, ios 10.3.3)

The controls hold up very fine, as well as the wall jump/gliding. Well done.

That's it for now with my quick little gaming session. Cu

PS: teaming up with Nitrome or Noodlecake possible? Just a thought...

16. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Between levels you'll get to choose from 4 upgrades (triple jump, more damage, time freeze after getting hit, etc.), only permanent in the current game. And you'll find a vending machine to spend your gathered coins on. Seem to be little one-time powerups like +1 health, big punch, etc.

The first boss fight is hard, dying too fast to recognize his patterns. It's also difficult to dodge his first attack, because i'm unable to move unless he's ready to attack. A bit of a cheap hit, imho.

Jump on boxes releases coins and powerups, though i'm not sure what does what. No explanation. Usually i find things easily out by myself, but since my gaming time is little, i won't invest anymore in this game in the current status. I'll wait for an update.

Just saying, you have a very nice platform-brawler at heart, but with really hard rough edges all around. I don't know how much time you'll be able to invest further more, but the longer the better.

17. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    This game COUlD shape up to be one of my favorites I love the platforming fast paced nature of it, could use some polish and love, but I LOVE this starting point wowowowow devs can you let me know if you got my emails ? Cheers

18. moraleszez

moraleszez Active Member

Aug 27, 2015
    wow! thanks for the feedback. You all are going to make fine tuning the game a lot more fun.

First fix is going to be the auto rotate.

Second I'm adding a couple hint messages in between levels like :
    'Green Boxes are passive items'
    'Enter the menu to check Item descriptions'

Let me know what you think about the hint messages.

Third fine tuning values of all the things

@esty8nine sent you a reply via email.

@Qwertz555 thanks for the feedback. The Remove Border is for controller support but it makes little sense. I'm going to change it to 'Hide Overlay Buttons: On', or something along those lines.

19. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Will it soon keep track of score? I really like this game. It's like a combo of nuclear throne, Downwell and punch quest! I also really enjoy the tribal sounding music!

20. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Exactly the scoring system is gunna be important ! Like Downwell, getting rewarded for combos and stuff could make this SO addicting I'm really excited for what's to come for this game ! Woot!