Adventure Town (by supersolid) - In Development

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by supersolid, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supersolid

supersolid Active Member

2. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Is it going to require constant Internet connection to play or will it be more along the lines of a sim like Pixel People? It's not a deal breaker but not requiring wifi connection all the time would be nice..

3. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    I'm wondering also about the Internet will it need constant access to Internet to play?

4. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Going to be waiting anxiously. Looks great. Totally something I will be getting into!

5. supersolid

supersolid Active Member

shining jade/cdkilgore21:
    no the game wont require always on, you only need a connection if you want to make use of some of the connected features, such as posting screenshots, checking hiscores and so on.

New England Gamer:
    glad to hear it :)

6. supersolid

supersolid Active Member

some of the dungeons/locations you can send your heroes out to explore
    [​IMG]

and a closer look at the heroes
    [​IMG]

7. supersolid

supersolid Active Member

Hi everyone
    Just wanted to share a screenshot of our current alpha build.
    [​IMG]
    hope you like it :)

8. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Wow its been a long time is a chance we get to see a release this summer? I have some questions for you:
    (1) its a freemium does that mean its loaded with IAP's?
    (2) Is this a time management game, where you build a house or send a hero on a quest and you got to wait say 3 real hours to do anything else or you spend money to end the 3 hour wait.
    (4) Is this a energy based game? do you need energy to do stuff then if you dont have energy u can buy it?
    (5) is there other side things to do? ex: farming or fishing etc
    (6) what is the minimum IOS needed, what is the required IOS needed
    (7) what devices is the final release set for? iPad's and iPod's aka : universal
    (8) if compatible with iPod's is it compatible with the 4 gen or only the newest one 5 gen?
    Thanks and I am asking all these questions not just for me but for others that may just want to know also.

9. supersolid

supersolid Active Member

thanks for the questions
    we dont have an official launch date yet, but it will be within the next 2-4 months.

1. yes the game will have IAP's, but they are completely optional and we also have a cool quest system in the game that lets you earn cash currency
    2. some aspects of the game will be time management based, but stuff like fighting monsters is not.
    4. no energy system, but heroes do have health
    5. yes you can grow crops, craft items from the materials you get from monsters and upgrade equipment.
    6. not decided yet, will have to get back to you on that one.
    7. yes it will be universal, ipad,iphone,ipod
    8. the game currently runs on a ipad 1, so we hope to also support ipod gen4, but we can't say for sure until the final build.

10. supersolid

supersolid Active Member

sneak peek at some of the monsters you will be fighting in Adventure town.
    [​IMG]

11. Artvarg

Artvarg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Any news? On the release date?

Really looking forward to this.

Will you include non-consumable IAPs? I would prefere that over just currency, if it's not priced like pixel people since patch 1.5 ;)

12. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Looks cool, but i dont found it on itune US store?

13. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    Maybe that´s because the game isn´t out yet ;)

14. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Love art style, super cute.

15. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Wonderful artwork!

16. supersolid

supersolid Active Member

thanks guys

we are currently working hard on getting the last bits and pieces into the game. it hopefully won't be long now, but sadly we dont have an exact release date yet.

will post as soon as we have more news.

cheers,
    ken

17. supersolid

supersolid Active Member

Hi again :)
    just a quick update with some new artwork
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some of the shops and houses you will be building in the game.

18. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    #38 Pivi, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    The game looks awesome, maybe this'll be the first city building game I'll enjoy because of the rpg elements.

Some questions:

1, IAPs
    Will there be one time purchases, like non consumable items, that permanently enhance gameplay? Like a coin doubler in most of the endless runner games.
    I never buy ingame currencies with real money, but I happily support the devs buy paying a one time fee for a permanent upgrade.

2, RPG elements
    How deep is the RPG system? Is it just levelling up heroes to have more HP and damage, or will there be skills that give the heroes some more use than just damage dealers?
    The ldeeper would be the better. ;)

3, Heroes' personality, classes
    How different will be the heroes from each other? Will they differ only by class, or will they have distinct personalities? Will they communicate with each other, or will they be our dummies to only do what we tell them?
    I know this is not sims (do not make it like that), but some personality would be nice.

4, Quest depth
    Are there any depth to the heroes' quests? Like actual dungeon exploration, or non-automated battles with monsters? If the game is time based, then it would be nice to do something in the game while we're waiting for the timer to go down.

All in all, I'm looking forward to the game!

19. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    #39 snow_mani, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    Ok so this is out in Australia and I downloaded it today.

Question for the developer - is there any way to move buildings? I want to build a bakery but it just seems to be placed at random in the village. I can't see how to move it to where I want to build it? EDIT: Ok I managed to work out how to move buildings. You have to hold them down and drag them across screen to new location. It wasn't obvious to me because of the button controls on the screen for the other options when building something.

Feedback for the developer - I'm playing on an ipad 3 with ios6. I'm only a few minutes into the game and so far I've had several instances of the game freezing. Some of these were during the intro video and The others have been when trying to tap the tick marks above buildings and the crops. I've cleared game from memory, rebooted ipad, etc.

20. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Playing this on my work phone (set up as Australian account) and loving it. It seems to bring something fresh to the 'freemium town building' genre. It looks fantastic and is a joy to control.
    My only problem is that I don't want to invest any more time into my test Australian account and want to download it on my main phone (uk) and get playing it properly.

When will this be released world wide? Really struggling to keep away from it :)