Universal Heroes of Order & Chaos - Multiplayer Online Game - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 20, 2012.

1. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    You can play online or offline vs bots, but if you are offline you do not receive end of match bonus. (Emblems)

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Do you level up offline?

3. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    I know there have already been some posts regarding IAP, but there's just a few things I'd like to clarify.

1. Can you earn the premium currency through normal play?
    2. Is there anything that affects gameplay that can only be purchased with the premium currency?
    3. Can you permanently unlock champions using the non-premium currency?
    4. Any idea how well Gameloft will keep this updated?

I play LoL, but having a mobile MOBA experience would be beyond amazing. Riot's freemium model is ideal for me, and I'd love to see something similar applied here. I'm honestly wary of Gameloft as a company, though, given how I've seen them deal with their freemium games.

4. elisha11230

Oct 23, 2011
    I havent played it enough though to tell if you can buy your way to winning. But it seems good so far, I have played 3 matches and lost all 3, but that was due to my inability, not iap.

5. elisha11230

Oct 23, 2011
    #65 elisha11230, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    1) you cant earn premium currency
    2) you can buy xp boost and emblem boost(non premium currency) for 1 game at a time via premium currency
    3) you can but you can only unlock different skins via premium currency(does not affect gameplay)
    4) probably

Everything in game is bought with gold that you earn in game, none of this can be bought with iap

So basically there is 3 types of currencies
    1) Diamonds - Can be used to buy elixers,skins and heroes
    2) Emblems - Earned at the end of the game, based on how well you did - used to buy heroes and talent trees
    3) Gold - Only obtained in-game can be used to buy things in-game like equipment and potions.

6. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    That kills it by not being able to earn premeium currency

7. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Not if the premium currency is only used for visual customization, and to purchase items which can ALSO be purchased with in-game earnings.

8. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    True but If it is use to unlock characters or skills then it does.

9. elisha11230

Oct 23, 2011
    you cant purchase skills with premium currency but you can buy an elixir that increases the amount of non premium currency you earn but for 1 game at a time

10. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Guess we will see how this is at 11

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Is IT used to unlock characters. However, this is how it is done in just about every desktop MOBA out there, and it does not seem to ruin the competitive climate (seeing as LoL is one of the biggest e-sports available, and I know that at least Smite, HoN and BLC are usually considered even battle grounds, in spite of IAP equivalents). Additional characters provide more options, not more power (with the obvious exception of overpowered doods, but those can end up on the free rotation, can be purchased with match earnings, and are hopefully rebalanced).

12. elisha11230

Oct 23, 2011
    Either way it is alot of fun, even while losing everytime I played so far.

13. skeblik

skeblik Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    On the launch trailer on YouTube in the comments gameloft asserted that doing IAP will not help you gain an edge in the game.

14. kazcat42

kazcat42 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    #74 kazcat42, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    It sounds like the are modeling the game/freemium model based on League of Legends. This is the best freemium model I have ever seen in a game. Really hope that they are doing the same thing as LOL. (IE everything is unlockable through gameplay EXCEPT custom skins, there are no pay to win mechanics)

15. Rubyjourney

Rubyjourney Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Game is pretty fun so far, waits for matches are long atm. I see their is a create guild option. Shall we create a toucharcade guild to rule them ALL? o_O

My GC is shadowhippy.

(I really need to update my sig haha. /lazy)

16. skeblik

skeblik Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    One guild to rule them all....

17. c0replay

c0replay Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    I like the game so far, kinda difficult to farm creeps, and target enemies.. I'm enjoying it so far :)

18. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Thanks for answering my questions. Might pick this up, then, since it looks like Gameloft has a sound freemium model this time.

19. kazcat42

kazcat42 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Total clone holy crap.... A few similarities between this and League of Legends...

MOBA game staged in "****** Rift" with:
    6 Item slots
    5V5 gameplay
    Creep with Red Buff
    Near exact copy of summoners rift with the exception of graphics style. (Not joking, only major difference I saw was Dragon/Baron pits have changed north/south sides of the river, see :57 sec in the youtube link)
    Dragon
    3v3 (couldn't quite tell from the map but looks like Twisted Treeline)
    Freemium model with 6 rotating free to play heros others to be unlocked with in-game or real world money
    4 catagories of heroes: Tanks, mages, physical, support

Item names are different', but I would like to see how close stats are to LOL items.

Typical Gameloft I suppose, should be fun to play though...

20. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Well they give us a taste of what's big (nova) halo,(9mm) max Payne etc sometimes they do good other times crappy but from what I heard this is great. But how is it on touch?