iPad M0B1US - a multi-directional endless runner (by Mental Universe)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MentalUniverse, Mar 24, 2014.

1. #1 MentalUniverse, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

We're very happy to say that M0B1US will be available to download this Thursday (April 10th) on iPhone and iPod Touch for the wallet-friendly price of £0.69/$0.99!

To celebrate, here is a launch trailer for the game which features the multi-directional fun!

Original post below:

Hello everyone!

Alex from Mental Universe here - a new studio based in the land of haggis and Irn-Bru.

We're delighted to announce our debut title M0B1US, an endless runner with a twist; instead of running in a single direction, you run around all four sides of your screen whilst jumping and sliding over obstacles! The game will initially be available on iPhone and iPod Touch, but we've got plans to release an iPad version as well.

M0B1US is a game which we're hoping to have designed, created, and released in just three weeks. We set ourselves the challenge of releasing a game in three weeks partly so we could have something available for people to play, but also so we can take what we learn from the experience and apply it to future titles. We're almost ready to submit the game to Apple, and if all goes well it'll be on the store at the end of March!

We'll hopefully have a trailer in the next few days in advance of the launch - at the moment we're fully focused on ironing out the last few bugs so we can submit to Apple and complete our challenge!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

App icon: [​IMG]

2. I've just updated the screenshots for M0B1US as we have redesigned the main character slightly - you can check out the new design in the screenshots in the first post. I've also added the app icon we're going to be using for this release.

We're getting closer and closer to submitting the game to the App Store; so close we can almost taste it!

3. M0B1US has been submitted to the App Store!

It was a nervous evening, and despite a few issues with profiles and certificates we successfully managed to submit the game.

Now we're just waiting for Apple to approve the game; hopefully we won't have worn out our mice and keyboards by constantly refreshing the status page before the game goes live!

I've added a new promotional image to the original post, which features the main character Lucid using the M0B1US VR headset that he built - the game that you play is the one that Lucid designed in order to improve his reaction speeds.

We'll hopefully have a trailer and a release date to share within the next few days.

If you want to read up more about the making of M0B1US, you can do so on our blog: www.mentaluniverse.co.uk/blog/

4. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

I think it will release in one or two next week. Will try.

5. That's what we're hoping! If you know of any spells or chants that could help it through the approval process we'd be very grateful.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the game!

6. We're really excited to announce that M0B1US will be available to download this Thursday (April 10th) for iPhone and iPod Touch!

To celebrate, I've added the launch trailer for the game to the original post.

Check it out, and let us know what you think!