Universal The Simpsons™: Tapped Out (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Feb 21, 2012.

1. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    This game is supposed to be a free time game which means you play it only when your bored or maybe once a day so if course if you play for 10 minutes straight on it it will be kinda boring , for me i like this game it keeps me looking forword to something ... But yes its the type of game you have to spend REAL money to get anywere ... So use in ten minutes used $10 worth of donuts and didnt get anywhere well yes this game charges WHYYY to much any was i would rate this game 3.5 cause it keeps entertained but it charges way to much ow i didnt use any real money on this ... And yes when u level up u get donuts but there are hidden ways in the game to get donuts you can find them on youtube but you can only use them once i only know one and it got me 10 donuts just keep tapping on homer but be warned CAN ONLY USE ONCE

2. immaculatebastard

Jan 16, 2013
    Seems there is an in game update again. I get to 62.3 mb then it just crashes before finishing the download. Any one else having this issue?

3. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Earth
    I am also having that problem.

4. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Mine seems to be working fine.

Kinda annoyed that the leftover hearts only get you cash. Was saving them in hopes for donuts again.

5. immaculatebastard

Jan 16, 2013
    Add to friends on here.. Chillcutz is my origin name

6. skeblik

skeblik Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
  7. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Now this new event I think is possible with out the use of donuts to get everything. Die snake die

8. cameron331

cameron331 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Anyone interested in trading eggs can PM me. I'd like to one trade for about a hundred right now. I'll have more daily.

9. osvd

osvd Active Member

Oct 20, 2012
    I thought kids like u just reviewed on appstore. ShooShoo

10. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Sent u a bunch by Springfield downs. Kjmagle"

11. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Anyone want to exchange eggs. At least 100 daily

Friend me kjmagle
    PM Me how many eggs u gave
    I will give back same.

12. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    115 snakes left to go... This is going to be very close

13. evilhomer

evilhomer Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Looks like the whacking day event has been extended through May 16th. I've still got 4500+ snakes to go to get the last rewards so if anyone is interested in trading, let me know.

14. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Anyone else having an issue completing part 5? I built the itchy scratchy bldg and it shows complete but nothing happens

15. revok

revok Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    UK
    Put it on your inventory then take it back out. It should trigger the next quest it's a known glitch.

16. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Thanks you very much. Worked great

17. angrychimp

angrychimp New Member

Aug 4, 2011
    I (for some reason) only just started playing this, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Without going over all 30 pages of this thread, is there a consensus on whether or not it's really possible to play without substantial IAP?

Also, I'd appreciate it if a few TA folk could add me as friends - my Origin name is angrych1mp

18. Hawtpants

Hawtpants Member

Apr 16, 2013
    As far as freemium games go, Simpsons is one of the stingier ones when it comes to doling out their premium currency. Games like Happy Street, Pixel People, or Nimblebit's games give out way more of the premium stuff, enough that you can eventually buy all of the premium items if you play every day.

With Simpsons it's really a lot worse in this regard-- there are plenty of iconic buildings and characters that you will never have the donuts to afford. In fact, donut costs are so inflated that you'd have to spend a few hundred real life dollars to get all the premium characters they offer. Even buying $5 worth of donuts won't get you very far--maybe 3-6 characters depending on whether or not you buy the ones that come with buildings.

That said, the game is a lot of fun and there is plenty to keep you occupied. If you save your donuts you will probably be able to buy a character or two while you're leveling up. Once you hit max level, you can get 1-3 donuts every time you get enough exp to "level up" although you are capped out, which is nice. Now that I'm level 30 and almost done with the pre-Squidport content I'm getting donuts once or twice a week, so I feel like I'll be able to afford a few more characters-- eventually.

I didn't spend any money on Simpsons and was able to max out just fine, mostly because I built a TON of houses which gave me tons of cash to spend. I enjoy the city building and decorating aspects of freemium games so for me, Simpsons is great but if you're the kind of person who wants to get all the premium items eventually without paying, you will definitely be disappointed.

I have a few friend who have gotten lucky with the mystery box and homer buddha items-- one friend got the Squeaky-Voiced Teen from the Mystery Box, and another got Professor Frink and his lab from a homer buddha, but so far I've spent all of my donuts on buddhas and have nothing to show for it. You get a free mystery box from every few days of consecutive play, thankfully, but I haven't had much luck with that either.

19. {SQUEEK}

Aug 23, 2012
    Yay a new amusement park! More work!

Anyways so far it's a nice update. I also like now when you to friends map you can see how far they are getting (or even playing) and can choose wether you want to go to their town or park. Go to park and get tickets for helping out.

I was amazed by one my friends already had every donut item in their. Pretty quick eh?

Anyways enjoy the new update with the docks and new characters.

20. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Totally agree. I love the game. The Amusement Park update is almost like an entirely new game in itself.