Cut off date for submitting an app before Xmas

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

Working all night on an Art app (called Zarte) to submit in the morning. What do you guys think, too late to make the cut off on the 23 rd of Dec. Still a chance to make it into the store?

2. nyarla

nyarla Well-Known Member

I can't say for sure of course, but I'd guess it's just a bit too late. My new update (came out today) took just over 2 weeks from submission to approval.
    But hey who knows, you could be lucky or the review time might still be fluctuating..

3. DevL

DevL Active Member

I'd say you still have time if done today.
    You can always request an expedited review - I believe it's limited to one app submission - but that's no guarantee with the glut of apps likely to appear over the next week.

4. Bane Games

Bane Games Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Our game was accepted a few days ago (and has now been released) and took a total of 10 days from submission to acceptance. I've heard the same number from another company that was accepted just before us.

With iTunes Connect temporarily shutting down from the 23rd of December I think you may just be too late. They may have a big push before that date, however based on averages I think you'll have to wait until after they shut down.

5. baldong

baldong Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Yes, you may have it done, but even it is successful released before Decmber 23th, you may have not enough time to climb the chart, u know, the char will be freezing after that day.

6. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    A funny thing happened I submitted my update on Monday night. It changed to "in review" in less than an hour.

and just got approved today. Only 2 days!

7. Astraware

Astraware Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Games Studio
    UK
    We submitted Astraware Fireworks on Friday, which includes iAds. Got approved and went live last night. It's a pretty simple app though, so that might have something to do with it. We wanted to get it in before New Year's Eve, so we were surprised it went live so quickly!

8. minyx

minyx Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2010
    You'll need some luck. Our last game took ~10 days, and the last update 8 days to being approved.

9. MikeSz_spokko

MikeSz_spokko Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    our updates were "In review" or 10 days before being accepted yesterday... the whole process took even longer

10. u2elan

u2elan Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    iOS Developer
    Portland, OR
    Today is day eight for us in "Waiting for Review" while we wait for Apple to approve our game Ramps. The last app I did got approved in seven days sharp, so they must be backed up.

11. jclardy

jclardy Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I have a large update to TargetTap in review. I submitted on the 9th and it is now in review on the 15th.

You would be cutting it close...I decided to hold off on trying to push out my new game before Christmas as last year I did that and it got lost in the void (released on the 23rd, but did not show up in search or on release lists until the 28th). Although that game wasn't the greatest...

This year though they said that they would stop adding new apps on the 23rd and any other new apps would be released on the 28th.

12. Moonjump

Moonjump Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Game designer
    Lincoln, UK
    I had an update approved yesterday, 11 days after submission. I had a new app change to "In Review" today, 9 days after submission (it is the free version of the app that was updated).

13. DevL

DevL Active Member

Luck of the draw I think.
    We submitted an update yesterday for Sentinel 3 and it was in review within 3 hours.
    That said an update for another app took 11 days, 7 of which were 'In Review'.

14. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

I just had an update approved 4 days after submission. As I recall, they ramped things up a few weeks before Christmas last year too.

--Eric

15. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Does anyone know what happens if the app gets approved right before the holiday, but I indicate a release date after the holiday in iTunes connect?

When the release day I indicate comes, does it show in new releases (eg. at the top of the Game Center list sorted by release date) or is it already buried under the new apps?
    It used to be that it got buried, I think, but did it change..

16. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    This is awesome they are cranking out the updates.

I've already had 2 updates approved this week.

17. Moonjump

Moonjump Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Game designer
    Lincoln, UK
    I've just had an update approved in 2.5 hours! An update approved last week took 11 days. I think they must be trying to clear the decks before the festive break.

18. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    Approved in 8 hrs here and on a Saturday too.

19. crazygambit

crazygambit Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    I submitted on the 14th, noticed an issue with the required version so I developer rejected and then submitted again right away on the 15th. The game was just released now on the store.

20. Kraspy

Kraspy Active Member

Dec 4, 2010
    They are definitely rushing them out. Mine was approved late friday night, and from the openfeint highscore, i think they played the game a total of 30 seconds.