Arrested Development Season 4 thread? :D

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by MasterChief3624, May 25, 2013.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Hey everyone! Anyone else super excited for the fourth season of Arrested Development? It's going to be playing on Netflix at 12:01 am, and all 15 episodes will be available to stream at the same time!

AAHHHHHH! I'm so excited! :D

I'm rewatching the show right now. It has been a couple years, but I used to watch it almost too much back in the day. Even after this long break, I still remember most of the jokes and plotlines, but that doesn't diminish the fun at all. If anything, the show just gets better and better the more you watch it.

It is so good. The third season was only slightly underwhelming, but that's like saying "Oh Toy Story 2 wasn't quite as masterful and groundbreaking as Toy Story." It's a negligible offense. :p

If you haven't seen the show before, check it out on Netflix. They have all three seasons so far (and will put up the fourth one as stated above), and it's a great show to watch with friends and family. It's witty, smart, and just... awesome.

It got canceled back in 2006, and it amounted to a run of basically 2 and a half seasons (3 seasons, but the third was cut down significantly to just 13 episodes). Then it gained a cult following on home video, and now here we are with the return. The new season is upon us! :D :D :D

It was one of those shows that got canceled because it couldn't find a great audience. Ratings continued to drop, and Fox basically put it into suicidal timeslots eventually, leading to its demise. It was a critical darling, though, being one of the most highly-acclaimed comedy series in television history. Only things that have come close since then are Modern Family and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia... and they don't compare in terms of humor (Modern Family) or plot threads and running jokes that appear throughout the series (Sunny).

Check it out!

Anyone else excited? :D

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Very much so.

3. I haven't kept up with news about Season 4 as much as many other fans, but I'm definitely excited. It feels kind of strange seeing all of the Saddam Hussein references in the older seasons.

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
  5. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Stay up late and watch Arrested Development, or go to bed early so I can catch the Monaco GP in the morning... decisions, decisions. I guess I could choose both; Monday is a holiday after all and I can catch up on sleep then...

6. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    So what did you end up doing? :)

I haven't watched any of the Season 4 episodes yet, unfortunately. :( I am still finishing up on my rewatching marathon, and I think I have 7 episodes left. Then I shall start the new season! :D

I've been hearing wonderful things :)

/somewhatpseudoMichaelBluthquote

7. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I just have to bump this. Finished it a few days ago and it was absolutely brilliant, even though it started a bit slow.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Wow, you're alive.

9. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Meh, at least I hope so. I've been pretty inactive here mostly because I don't really play any iOS games anymore, which is kind of the point of this formu, but I do sometimes check in. :D What's up with you?

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Nothing much. All quiet around these parts recently. Are you playing any games at all?

11. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    On iOS? Just the occasional casual game. I've been playing less games in general, but when I do, it's some strategy game on PC (nowadays Crusader Kings 2 and some Dota 2).

12. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I've never seen 1 second of this show, where can I watch the first 3 seasons?

13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Netflix has all of them. I'm sure various other streaming services probably do too.

14. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thanks

15. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Aaaaaand you can buy the DVDs for the first three seasons for quite cheap lately. Though I'm not sure they're as cheap as immediately when Season 4 premiered (got all 3 seasons on DVD for about $25 total), they're not all that pricey anyways. Highly recommended that you buy them! :D I'm biased though :eek:

So I am about halfway through the new season. I've been trying not to binge it, and goodness-gracious I am glad I haven't. I think this is quite possibly the most complicated season yet in terms of plot. To be honest, I'm not really enjoying the plot too much, but I also didn't enjoy it much in the first season a long time ago and now I love it. Hopefully that same turn-around happens for me. :p

The episode I watched most recently is the one that focuses mostly on Gob. It was seriously hilarious. Loved it to death! The only thing I didn't like so much is that, going along with a pattern of a couple jokes here and there that aren't quite hitting the right comedic note, is one scene with Gob went on a tad too long in my opinion. It outstayed its welcome.

But no worries. This is to be expected after you were the smartest and best comedy show ever and you are coming back from a 7? year hiatus! :p

I think only 6 or 7 jokes through the season so far I have not laughed at at all. That's not too bad.

Let's see... so far, my least favorite new character is absolutely Marky (I think that's his name; the guy with face-blindness). He's just not doing it for me... :\ He feels so forced, the humor isn't quite there, and despite his presence adding kind of a comedic dynamic to Lindsay, I could really do without him.

My least favorite part of the overall plotline is definitely Herbert Love. I'm really not engrossed in it, and it comes off as lazy and boring. But Terry Crews is just plain awesome as always, and that makes up for it :p

So far the season is still holding up extremely well. Definitely a fun one, and probably the best season yet to showcase how important it is to rewatch the episodes! :cool:

By the way, George-Michael's Fakeblock is now officially on the App Store, and I think you can download it from the official site:

http://www.fakeblock.com/

I just saw it on the Facebook but didn't look into it at all because I don't want it to be spoiled for me. But there you go, in case you are interested and/or in case you have finished the season! :D

16. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    #16 Balu`, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
    I just have to say, it does get (even) better. To me, the highlight of the season was Buster's episode. It's one of the top 5 AD episodes of all time in my opinion.