Zombox

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by zombox, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Captain Cheeseburger

Sep 26, 2012
    Jealous

Man am I jealous of your dev skills and work ethic, this looks excellent!

2. YekNoM

YekNoM Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Looks awesome!! I was seeking the Dev Blog and the forum for Infos.

It's interesting that the dev adds more & more content, but had a 2012 release in mind. Let's see how fast he can roll it out (besides his real life ^^)

Does someone know:
    Will this have a mission system/story ?! Like rescue civs, or find your wife etc.

I would like some kind of illness/disease system. Is that planned?

3. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Hey guys! Thought I'd stop buy and post an update. There's been lots of Zombox development happenings lately, the most recent being all the new zombie types I've made for the game. Check them out!

(Click to enlarge)

[​IMG]

No disease system currently planned, although it's something I've thought about.

As for missions/story...that's a work in progress :)

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    When is release and is iPod touch 4 on the list supported?

5. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Allow me to speak for Tyson here, since I visit the blog on daily basis, according to his blog the iPod Touch 4 will be supported.

6. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Sweet. Just heard about this game. Guess its far from release still?

7. YekNoM

YekNoM Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Thx for updating!!!

The Zombies are so cool. I like Zombie Santa and the Bear XD Keep going, i'm really excited for Zombox!!

8. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Well yup, there's no release date but he did say in his blog that his new year's resolution will be to release it this year, I also asked him about giving the game an estimated percentage of completion but he hasn't replied yet.

9. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Hey, I must have missed your 'percent of completion' comment.

I don't like to give numbers or dates because it's impossible to predict my work schedule or the types of 'bumps in the road' in the development process I could hit. For now I'm working on a strict "when it's done, but hopefully by the end of 2013" schedule.

10. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Haha don't worry, you must be flooded between this and the job, that's good, thanks for the updates.

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I wanted to check on the Zombox status and although this thread is quiet there's a lot of updating on zombox.net.

12. Andrew_IDNA

Andrew_IDNA Member

Feb 15, 2013
    wow this looks awesome, love the art style.

Will keep an eye out on this one

13. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #273 Darth Nihilus, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
    Well, Zombox is officially NOT supported by the iPod Touch 4g.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Dammit, no Itouch 4 support. I hate how devs are starting to phase it out when's its only like a year old

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well granted the ipod touch 4 isnt that old (No way just a year, i had my ipod touch 4 for nearly two years) but thats the way it is with Apple, every year or so there'll be a new version.

I had a lot of issues on my ipod touch 4 with games crashing constantly, having to reset my device, the ipod touch 5 has been great. But yeah its frustrating having to keep upgrading.

16. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #276 Darth Nihilus, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    Well yeah, but I don't like the idea to upgrade to something that's not the latest device, if you upgrade to iPhone 5 or iPad 4 you get the finest hardware out there, if you upgrade to the iPod touch 5, which we waited for 2 years for btw, you get an iPad 2, when the iPod touch 4 came out it was the same hardware than the iPhone 4 except for the RAM, it's just bs.

17. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Well that's one game I guess I'm not waiting for. I thought they said it was supported

18. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I've had my iPod 4g for about 2 years and 4 month. In apples world you have to upgrade every two years to keep up, it sucks but its true

19. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Yea sorry guys,

I was under the impression a while ago that the iPod Touch 4 was essentially identical to the iPhone 4 in terms of hardware, so I assumed Zombox could support it.

Unfortunately I learned recently that the iPod Touch 4 only has half the RAM of the iPhone 4, so unless I can literally cut the ram requirements for Zombox in half....I won't be able to support the older 256mb RAM devices.

20. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Can you try???????????? I have been waiting sooooook long and now nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhbbhhbbbbbshekekwhslks............;.;.;