Fire Emblem clone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by rojas2, Aug 28, 2009.

1. rojas2

rojas2 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Does anyone know if there is any game like Fire Emblem out for the ipod touch? Or if there isn't one now, is there anything like it coming out soon?

2. RobotMonkey

RobotMonkey Active Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Battle for Wesnoth would probably be your best bet, when that comes out. Dunno when that's supposed to be, but it's looking like a full port of the game, which is really good. The Windows, Mac, and Linux versions are all free and open source, so check it out - might be up your alley :p

BTW, I think the iPhone devs are saying cheap but not free for the App Store version, but if the port's good, it should be well worth it :)

3. GiordanoTJ

GiordanoTJ Member

May 18, 2009
    Student/Gamer
    Colorado, US
    So the only games out right now that i can think of thats kinda like fire emblem would be the reign of swords games. I'd say try the demos cause i didn't think they felt the same as FE. But i agree with RobotMonkey to look at Battle for Wesnoth. i haven't tried it yet but will soon and I'm hoping its good.

4. rojas2

rojas2 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Thanks guys, that is very helpful. I did try the first reign of swords and for some reason i didn't like it that much. :( I actually have been looking at Battle for Wesnoth because i think that it looks very good. I am waiting for it to come out just like everyone else. :) , Once again, thanks for the feedback. :D

5. Johno

Johno Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    I would love to have a port of Fire Emblem. Way back when I used to play them non stop on my gameboy heh.

6. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    there is a way to play fire emblem on your iphone... just cant talk about it here.... but there's a way indeed ;):)