Templar Infinite crusade - Mix of RPG, rogue like and strategy elements.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Dr_Nachin, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr_Nachin

Dr_Nachin Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    #1 Dr_Nachin, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    Hello everyone. Would like to introduce my game Templar Infinite crusade.

You are an immortal templar on a crusade to vanquish the evil elder ones that have arisen from their deep slumber. The fate of the world as we know it is at stake. You must use all your skills and powers to banish evil from the world.

Templar Infinite Crusade features:

- Each crusade is randomly generated. Provides endless replay value.

- Over 300 unique enemies to battle. Common, uncommon and rare monsters. (legendaries and godlike monsters in future DLC).

[​IMG]

- Over 200 non combat encounters including equipment, shrines, books, potions,treasure piles, food items, traps, and more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-11 deadly bosses.

[​IMG]

-14 skills that level to near infinite values. Skills are: Sword, bow, fireball, shield, barrier, fortify, heal, escape, morph, health, armor, willpower, agility and identify.

[​IMG]

-Gain more resources as you level up to assist you on your crusades. More arrows, fireballs, shields etc.

-Infinite scaling difficulty. Each time a boss is killed the crusades get longer and harder, so level up and crusade farther than anyone else. Bosses can respawn, so scaling is infinite.

-Rogue-like mechanics. Items lost on death, but you get to permanently level your characters skills.

-Lightning fast gameplay. Battles are turned based, but rarely last over 4 seconds each. No inventory management to slow you down. Instantly equip, drink, eat, read, sell, invest, pray, or perform other actions in an incredibly user friendly interface as you encounter particular items.

-Easy to grasp, hard to master, (tutorial included and recommended. Don't worry. Its mostly killing stuff with your skills), but the game itself is not easy. You will die a lot. Each death is a learning experience. You cannot spam your sword and expect to survive long without using your other skills. Some games last 5 seconds. It might feel unfair at times, but such is the nature of randomized games. It is all part of the fun.

-Log function provides vital information in order to assist decision making in combat and noncombat encounters.

-Jump right into the action when you want to play. No waiting or loading screens, or complex menus to navigate. Quick in, quick out. Takes about 2 seconds (no joke) to jump into a game on an iPhone 4s, so great to play when you have 2 or 3 minutes.

-No in app purchases of any kind (Yep, this is actually a feature). There are enough deadly traps and sinister monsters in the game already, so no need to further scare away any potential crusaders by including the mind blowing horror of in app purchases.

-Awesome retro style artwork.

- Awesome sound track. Over 15 songs.

-Stat tracking so that you may boast to friends. How many crusades have you embarked on? How many enemies have you vanquished? What is the farthest you have survived on a crusade? What is you average crusade distance? These stats are tracked. Future DLC will allow for more stats to be tracked.

-No internet connection needed for current features (future plans include leaderboards and optional PVP which will require internet)

-------------------------------------------------
    FUTURE PLANS
    -------------------------------------------------
    -PVP like system (Already designed. Need to implement and test).

-Other languages. Spanish, portuguese and more.

-More enemies including legendary and godlike.

-More items.

-More types of noncombat encounters.

-Leaderboards (This is going in the first patch, including more stuff).

-More stat tracking.

-Might add new hero skills, but game is pretty balanced as is. Mostly depends on user feedback.

-Enemy modifiers for more randomness. Fat goblins. Slow elephants. Dumb kobold mages (Wait a sec, aren't they all dumb already?). Imagine the possibilities. Oh the horror, the horror.

Templar Infinite Crusade has already been approved by Apple and will Launch December 2nd, with a price of 1.99 US .

Here is a 1 minute video of Templar Infinite Crusade in action: http://youtu.be/aqpgi5MrdOQ and a couple of screen shots follow below.

You can find more screenshots and videos here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Templar-infinite-crusade/1451560018416935

If you have any questions please post them here. Will be happy to answer any.

2. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    1 minute gameplay video

3. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Promo code giveaway

Hello again everyone. We are exactly two weeks away from launch. I have a few promo codes I can part with for folks who would like to play the game before launch. I would rather give the codes if possible to RPG enthusiasts(hopefully old school RPG enthusiasts). Please post here if you would like a code. I do not have many remaining so please do not be mad if I run out.

I would appreciate it if you could post any feedback from the game and/or questions regarding gameplay here. I will answer all questions.

Please post here if you would like a code and I will PM you one.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I would love to give this a try if you have spare promo codes. Thanks.

5. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    code sent.

Code has been sent via PM. Please let me know if there are any issues, and also please post any questions here. Will be happy to answer them. Game is kind of hard in the beginning so make sure you use all your resources, even for easy enemies. Shields, arrows, fireballs and heals are of particular importance. Escape is also nice when you tun into tough rare monsters.

6. moongooseryan

moongooseryan Member

May 5, 2014
    Are there any codes still available? I'd love to give this a try!

7. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States

I love old school RPG's so I would love to try your game!
    Although; if anyone asks..... I am too young too remember them! Kidding!
    I am happy to post some feedback and/or questions.
    Thank you

8. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Promo codes

Still have a few more. Will send one over to you via PM. As stated above please post feedback and questions here. I do want to know what you think (previous playtest sessions have provided invaluable info that help improve the game). Also I can answer any questions that you have regarding the gameplay.

9. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Would love a code to try out the game and leave some feedback.

10. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    All the posters above have received a code. I will only be able to hand out one more today. Via lottery. I do plan to give out more (at least one a day from here till launch, so just post here and I will take your post into consideration from now on, every day. Posting what games you like might help as I would rather have an RPG fan have the codes).

If you do not receive a code I apologize in advance but they are rather limited.

11. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    May I have a code? I have all of the handheld final fantasy games on Nintendo consoles. :)

12. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Templar Infinite Crusade Promo code

Hello Qdiddy, thanks for showing interest in my game. Since I am giving out a code a day from now on, if no one else requests one within the next three hours you will get today's code. If more people request the code will have to choose a winner at random.(and you are already in the daily lottery till launch day two weeks from now so your chances of receiving a code are pretty good.) I will PM the code to the winner and post the name in about 3 hours.

13. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    That might be difficult for me, I just advertised your game on the rpg weekly forum. So good luck!

14. jgainsbrugh

jgainsbrugh Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Idl like a code. I love old school RPGs and have a +2 staff of winds in my underwear drawer. Thank you !

15. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Templar promo codes

Hello folks. Sent you both a promo code(via PM). I guess 100% of folks who asked for one today got one. I will probably have to use a lottery for the remaining promo codes.

AT LEAST one will be given out each day. Please post here if you are interested. Looking for RPG fans.

The folks who have already received a promo code please enjoy the game. Would like to hear your feedback ASAP. Remember if you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks.

16. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    The game is fun, but I don't think it'll hold my attention for a long time. Its unique, and that's a good quality to have. I'll play a bit more to come up with more things to say

17. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    Thanks for the feedback. I have only been working on the game for three months. I do plan to sink in a year or so at least on this project. I will add a castle/keep to farm stuff and craft weapons/items so that you can start a crusade with some bonuses, more monsters and events etc.

Did you manage to kill a boss? The difficulty increases and the crusades get longer.

18. Dr_Nachin

Nov 12, 2014
    iOS developer
    Santo Domingo/ Dom Rep.
    New art on the works

Also new art :D. The artist started working a while ago but was unable to complete her side of the project(Images) on time. tell me what you think of these images. Might still take her a while to finish but do want to overhaul graphics in the future.

19. vallah

vallah Active Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Looks nice!!:)

20. moongooseryan

moongooseryan Member

May 5, 2014
    I like those images a lot!

After an evening playing this game here are my thoughts:

I really enjoy the music, especially the game over screen music.

TIC reminds me of grinding in Dragon Warrior for NES where the enemies are hard and you have a set amount of magic attacks so you really have to conserve at the start. I think I made about 20 crusades, but haven't gotten strong enough to get to a boss yet. I usually meet my demise by a trap when I try to equip a piece of equipment. Segueing to another point I like is the random piece of equipment that you can come across. Do you chance equipping a new sword when you have 5 health left and run the risk of it being a trap? It's a neat touch.

One of the things that confused me at first was the traps because one killed me and the game over window popped up over the trap and I didn't know how I died at first.

Another thing I noticed was a grammatical error. The error in question is form the game over screen. It should read "upon death you lose all items and restart the crusade with 0 gold". I believe there is one more instance of using loose instead of lose, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Other than that, it all looks really good! I'm anxious to get home and run through a few more crusades and level up my guy some more.